Sutton's Iris Gardens

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

My order from Sutton's Iris came yesterday. My gosh I don't know what I was thinking!!! Where on earth will I put all these? I know... I know .... poppysue needs to have her head examined! Cry & whine she doesn't have enough room and then she goes and orders a couple of dozen new iris rhizomes. D.H. is ready to kill me!! :o)~ Anyway... The purpose of this post is not to admit to my "flower lusting" problem but to tell you how wonderfully Sutton's treats their customers.

I ordered 10 from their "Sunset collection" @ 1.75 each; 11 from their "Timeless Ones" @ $2.75 each; and 3 other select tall bearded I couldn't live with out @ $ 4.00 each. There was a couple that they didn't have available - so they substituted from a list of subs that I had included. My whole order for 24 iris came to $70.75 with the shipping.

Out of my order they doubled the rhizomes on 10 of them PLUS they sent 9 bonus rhizomes as freebies. Yes 9!! Two of these were 2001 introductions that are listed for $40 in their catalog. All of them were '99 or newer. I looked them all up in the catalog and the total in bonus rhizomes came to $187. That's more than 2-and-a-half times what I paid for my whole order. Isn't that awesome? I almost think they made a mistake but they're all printed out on the order sheet - so they're aware of what they sent me. I expected a couple of bonuses but you have to wonder how they can stay in business. I'm so excited!! Now I have to get my butt out there and dig, dig, DIG!

Cave Spring, GA(Zone 7a)

Wow, Poppysue. That is awesome! Do they have Siberian Iris too. I'm beginning to get in that now,and I want to order some. Linda

Circleville, OH(Zone 8b)

Wow Poppysue

Can you send me the info on them, I have always bought from Schreiner's or cooleys and had great service from them as well. Thanks Mike

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Apparently the website has been down for services - http://www.suttoniris.com/ - Hopefully it will be up soon. They have tall, standard, and dwarf bearded iris - but no Siberians.

I found out they have set up a temporary website at
http://209.240.137.218/

This message was edited Monday, Jul 30th 7:42 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.