Laurel nobilis

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

I am looking for this particular type of Bay tree. Would be glad to trade or send SASBE for them. Would be glad to be directed to a site even overseas that sells them . Thank you!

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

I am not sure but I think they are mainly propagated by cuttings. You might find small plant where they sell herbs, its not unusual, here though. Here is a canadian site where you can buy seeds http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=X1300&cart_id=9780299.1230

Good luck

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you so very much Zarcanat!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just put a big smile on my face. Gonna email them to make sure they are definately the one s used for cooking with the good aroma and if they are them I will order some.

Thanks again. Let me know if I can help you out with something!

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Your smile pays me ;-))

Tandil, Argentina(Zone 10b)

Hello Starlight! I've read your thread about Laurus nobilis. Actually, when I've read the title I've thought your offering the seeds. Anyway! I've entered and realized that you were looking for seeds.
It's incredible, because this morning when I was coming to work I saw a plant (a Laurus nobilis) all covered with fruits and I thought: "Too bad I'm not interested in it!"
They grow everywhere! Birds help a lot to propagate them! There are a lot of seedlings growing in my back yard and they all come from my neighbor on the other side of the wall.
I could try to harvest some fruits (seeds) for you if you want me to.
I guess since Argentina has so many Italians this tree came very popular among us!
Oh, and I've read the comment about the cuttings. Perhaps it is right, but I can assure you (based on my own experience) that seeds do germinate easily.

D-mail me if you are interested!

Gus.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Thank you Gus.. Have sent you d-mail. : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.