A summer perennial border.

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

A view of a friends garden taken a week ago. She has so many lovely plants and they are all growing strongly. She is a true gardener and is very generous with cuttings and advice.

Thumbnail by ferrymead
La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

ferrymead what is that lovely wine colored one in the lower right hand corner of your picture, that is just beautiful, the whole lay out is beautiful.

Connie

Hi Connie, I'm not 100% sure but think it might be verbena.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Now I see the NZ. I was wondering who, here in the US, had such gorgeous plants at this time of year.

Beautiful and lush!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks ferrymead,
Those are really really beautiful, your friend has a wonderful garden...

Connie

Thanks, yes, it is summer here, have the air conditioning turned on to cold in the last couple of weeks.
Tess

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Well, what fun to have some spring pictures on DG today!

Very pretty garden, ferrymead! Keep us posted on what is going on down there....what do you have growing in your own garden? Would love to know more! t.

Hi Tabasco, nice to hear from you. Well, I have all sorts growoing, although the first flush of blooming is over and the summer things are here, this is one of aplant growing on our patio, from memory a convolvulus.

Thumbnail by ferrymead

Asiaric lilies, not the best but they have been struggling alond in a box for a year or so and have just been planted out.

Thumbnail by ferrymead

Lupins..... I like these but they don't stay too long before they start setting seed so need to be taken off the plant.

Thumbnail by ferrymead

Hydrangea, this one is 'Snow Queen', have three others but they have all finished now.

Thumbnail by ferrymead

This is a posy I picked in November. Guess you are in the middle of your winter in Cincinatti, and although it is supposed to be our first month os summer, it is not playing fair and thinks it is winter, not frosts, but pletny of strong cold winds and lots of rain, not at all what we should be having. No global warming here! So interesting to be able to talk to others in the States.

Thumbnail by ferrymead
Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

ooh la la! so fresh and pretty! And your bouquet is splendid!

Love your pics. Please keep us posted on what's blooming. It's fun to be in the know with what is blooming in NZ.

We are in the middle of 'winter' here in Cincinnati, but temps have been so mild (60 degrees F.) that the tulips want to bud and the pussy willows are ready to emerge. Usually we have snow and ice and lots of freezing by this time. I do think Global warming is upon us...weather is very strange.

Holiday Wishes to you and yours. TTFN t.

Lovely bouquet! Winter technically begins tonight and it's been a nicer fall than I can remember in many years. Keep the flowers coming by posts.

I'm still amused that with all the talk of global warming Florida had two days of snow before we ever saw the 1/100" of flurries we had.

Well, our weather is going crazy down south, snow is forecast for the deep south and in the city where our son lives it was 6 degrees centigrade and puring with rain yesterday.
Gosh, snow in Florida! That must have rocked the inhabitants!

Do you grow any Japanese iris? I've heard they're in bloom in Australia during Christmas week and I was curious if you grow them.

No, don't have any irises at all. I used to grow Dutch Iris, but they were at our last property. The Calla lilies I planted a month ago and some are just coming into bud now.
The Japanese Irises are very sumptuous and colourful, I have an idea that they grow well near water, is that so?

Yes - they love a bog in spring and normal watering after they've bloomed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.