Christmas lights and daffodils???

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

I am running a little late this year with the Christmas decorations. I just finished putting the lights around the dwarf alberta spruce that I have in my foundation beds, and what to my wondering eyes should appear? Well it wasn't Santa . . . it was daffodils about an inch out of the ground. I also noticed in the same beds that the hydrangea buds look like they are going to start leafing out. Anyone else have confused plants in their gardens?

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Yes! But if you are worried about your daffs, they will likely be fine.Happens more often down here.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

Right now, I have crocuses coming up and a pincushion plant decided to start flowering.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

I still have pansies blooming their hearts out in my window boxes.

Orange County, NY(Zone 5b)

My pansies are still blooming also! I just wonder if the gorgeous bud set on my dogwood will be blasted. I have the worst luck with this tree -- my own fault as I sited it badly. I am really happy thought that all of those impulse purchases (just don't ask how many) that I meant to find someplace for have had a little extra opportunity to settle into their temporary home.

Northeast Harbor, ME

My hellebores are much farther along than usual. Almost in bloom!

Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I have a couple of vinca flowers. (?!)

Brooklyn, NY(Zone 7a)

Al Gore had it right!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.