Clystosoma Callistegioides

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Surprise bloom,here inside the greenhouse today!!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Lovely - on my wish list! Thanks for sharing your beautiful blooms with all of us.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Its a beauty. Why do we never see this one offered as seeds?
Does it not produce seeds?

Jackie

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Well it hasn"t produced seeds for me yet,but I imagine it does,just must have to have the right pollinator.
Thanks

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Hi Don! Did I send you that one? Mine got cut back to the ground (by DH) last year so I am waiting for it to grow back. When it got fairly big last summer, I did find one seedpod on it. It was a round prickly thing.

Thumbnail by Clare_CA
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Clare,
No I got this one from a little lady from South Carolina,who's originally from Midland Texas.
It is very hard to get to bloom here,no luck at even getting a seed pod!!!
I feel spring on the way,are you getting any of those nice rains I see on the weather map???
Planted caladiums this past weekend in pots in the greenhouse,spring fever has arrived,tulips and daffys are popping up everywhere,and the garden and flower show starts tomorrow downtown,skipping work friday to go!!!!
I did get a rubber vine from you,grew it 3 years never a bloom,and I think it croaked on me this winter in the greenhouse,overwatered I think!!!

Hi Don, my sweet friend.

Hang in there with the Clystosoma because I think it gets better as it gets older.

Yes, we had some rain here recently, which is nice because it saves me from having to water!

It seems like spring is here too with the freesias blooming.

Have fun at the flower show!

I never had a rubber vine so you must have gotten that from somewhere else? I think I just sent you passifloras?

I still have my Beaumontia grandiflora from you, which I am thrilled about. It is only about a foot tall still, but I planted it in the ground last fall so maybe it will take off this year. I'll be sure to send you pics when it does;-)

I've gotten rid of most of my vines here because they just grow too fast here in the ground and need constant pruning. I pulled up my P. amethystina hybrid that I grew from seed for that reason. That thing got a big trunk like a tree and grew like a monster. If you still have her, I think you are the only one that does. I miss that beautiful flower and fragrance, but it is better this way as I have to limit the time that I spend in the garden these days.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

LOL!!!
It was a foot tall went I sent it to you 2 years ago!!!!LOL
At least you have managed to keep it alive!!!
Well you know what they say,first year sleeps second year it creaps,third year it leaps!!!!
So watch out you might have another jack and the bean stalk a growin!!!LOL
Spring was here today,72*,but to the west of me,snowing blizzard conditions,and cold rains and tornadoes to the east of me,now that some crazy weather!!!!
I do have given just about up all my vines as well.
Yes it was you who sent me the pandorea,which some call the love or rubber vine here.
It had grown a vine over 20ft long this last sumer,only to croak on me this winter.all that groing and not one single flower!!!
Did you ever get to meet that crazy kell???
What I would give to go plant shopping with her!!!
She has the best luck of any body I ever seen!!!!

LOL, Don! Yeah, the Beaumontia really hasn't grown much since you sent it to me. It maybe grew one inch and four leaves! Ha! I'm amazed that it is still alive really. Let's hope that this is the third year and that the saying is true! I am looking forward to see the flowers on this baby.

Oh, yes, you are right ...the Pandorea jasminoides...now I remember. So sorry, my dear, about it never getting any flowers. What a fussy thing it must be.

All this weird weather sucks. It got down to freezing here last night again. I pulled one brugmansia out of the ground the day before yesterday that was severely damaged with cracks all up and down the trunks.

No, I've never had the pleasure of meeting our dear sweet Kell. She lives quite a bit north of me, I think. You'll have to let us know how her corpse flower plant does for you this year! LOL!

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I will !
It just seems when you hear you live in Californy,you think everyone is your neighbor!!!LOL

LOL, I know what you mean. I think that way of Florida too! Hugs,

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Woohoooo!!! I looked on my seed list and I have seeds for this one.
;) Donna

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Flower is gorgeous Tropicman and Clare!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.