I Got My Secret Gift...

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I figured I had better start this thread as packages are in the mail and dont have far to travel!!!

so post here when yours arrives...

thanks everyone that joined this exchange

Merry Merry Christmas!!
dori

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I got my gift today and Loon from AuGres was my secret pal. I want to thank you Brenda for all the nice things you sent. I especially like the Lighthouse Calendar. I didn't have one for 07 yet so that was a perfect gift. Thank you also for the gardening book, candle, Christmas towels & cologne. Everything was so appreciated!!!!!

Cindy

Mt. Pleasant, MI(Zone 5a)

I got WONDERFUL gifts from Cynthia. I have to boast that they are ALL hand made *smile* (the boast was for notmartha) sorry! I got crochet hand towels, crochet poncho with some really neat yarn on the border and a scarf with that really neat fluffy looking yarn. Actually it doesn't look like yarn. It's beautiful. Thank you VERY VERY much Cynthia. I hope you have a very Happy and Blessed Christmas. Hugssssss, Jacklynn (ps) do you know where Mt. Pleasant is? I live about 30mi. S.W. of there. Keep on making stuff. You make such pretty things.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

You are quite welcome Jacklynn. I have heard of Mt. Pleasant but have never been there.

Cindy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh what wonderful gifts!!! merry christmas everyone!! :)

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Woooo Hoooo I got mine should have posted yesterday but work has me loaded down like you wouldn't believe. I got a very cute frog that sings christmas carols and a Serenity Angel pin which is already attached to my coat. Thank you Connie! I have one little problem though, my youngest daughter and granddaughter are trying to steal my Frog! I have him on my desk and everyone that comes in to pay their taxes have to push his foot to make him sing. Hubby and I are making bets when people come in to see who has self control and who doesn't LOL. Thank you again and Merry Christmas
Kim

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Kim, you got me chuckling into my coffee this morning!!!!
You and your Christmas Frog!
I bet you and your hubby sing along with the frog. LOL
sharon

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

You are very welcome, I couldn't resist him. When I started to put him in the box to mail him, my DH asked me what I was doing with the frog, I told him I was giving it as a gift. He thought I'd bought it for here (him) rofl He loves stuff like that...

Glad you liked your gifts Kim.

Happy Holidays,

Connie

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hehehe....Loretta...your pair of socks are so cute..hehehe..they do put a smile on our face..hehehe..thank you so much...

Smiles...Diana (Rockie) hahahaha...

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Recieved my gift today too.

Thank You Toofewanimals, aka Sharon.

Recieved two very cute hand made angels to decorate the tree. Thank your Daughter for me too, since she helped make them.

For the garden ..... garden gloves and pruners.

For the Birds .... an Oreole feeder

For the plants some interesting crystals that let you know when it's time to water them.

MERRY CHRISTMAS SANTA ........ HOHOHO

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Diana..(Rockie).............I'm glad you liked them....Keep smiling :o))

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Lol Connie
Tell him if he wants he can come to my office and push his button too.
Sharon
Yep we were even doing the frog boogie he he.
Count for yesterday on people pushing my froggie button were 13 out of 15 people who were in my office its just too funny they can't resist.
Kim

If I was there.........I would be pushing the button too....can you show us a picture???

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I got my wonderful Christmas package from my secret Santa today. I'm sorry I don't know who to thank because she didn't put her name on the gift. I got a gift certificate for a daylily farm and two cute packages of flower seeds. I love to plant things from seed. How did you know? The book on container gardening was perfect! I love to read and look at ideas of how to plant flowers in different containers in different combinations. I love it , love it , love it!!

Thanks so much for the great gifts.

** Hint ** My Santa is from Brown City. :)

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Loon,
I thought we were suppose to keep our identity "secret", so I didn't stick in a card and identify myself.

I'm glad you were happy with the gift. The certificate is from my "Daylily Farm", so be sure to check out my website, or watch for my auctions on the Lily Auction. My favorite gift to give is a plant, but at this time of year, that's a bit difficult. ;) If you prefer, I can pick you out a surprise in the Spring, but I thought you would like to do the choosing.

If you haven't grown daylilies from seed before and need some tips, just email me. The other seeds are for a wonderful Heirloom Runner Bean. It's edible, but also grown as an ornamental. Here's a picture.

OOOPS .... Edited to add that the bean is "Sadie's Horse Bean".

This message was edited Dec 15, 2006 8:32 AM

Thumbnail by Tree_Climber
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

its a secret till they open their package and find your card or see your return addy on the box-sorry if i mislead anyone!!!!

so please put a note in your package! :)

merry Christmas

I think I put a card in...........but if she sees...LP..Its mine...It should have already been there...hope when she gets it lets us know....my middle name is WORRY!!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Wowow that is a good way to put it..my middle name is worry too...and three days....for 70 or less miles..ekkkkkk...
Smiles..Diana

You got yours yesterday and they were mailed the same day..........so gotta worry...!!!

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone..........I got mine a few days ago, and Dori, I apologize for not posting right away. Had every good intention of doing so but just did not know where to put it. I took a picture of what Dori sent to me.....Got Christmas dish towel, Christmas pot holders, more dish towels and more pot holders, a lovely picture frame with all sorts of garden do dads along the frame, bows, Santa sleigh with a snow man sitting inside of it, and two Christmas ornaments.....

When this package arrived and I opened it, I went for the card first. It said MOM and it really brought tears to my eyes.....Dori, you are just like a daughter to me...and you know I love you much.....Thank you so much........

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Here is a better picture of what Dori sent to me.......Again Dori, thank you so much.....

Deann

Thumbnail by deann
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Deann I'm glad you like everything-I know you bake a lot and thought maybe you needed
some new baking gloves and kitchen stuff!
You are like my mom and i luv you to pieces!!!

Merry Christmas everyone-some great gifts have been sent-but where are some pictures!
i want to see this frog and hand knitted items-oh my-talent!!!

hugz all

I need to see if my secret pal got her gifts....so I can change my middle name from worry to breathe!!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Tree Climber,

Thanks again so much for the lovely gifts!! I love the picture of the Horse Bean vine. At first I thought it was hyacynth bean vine because the seeds looked familiar to me. I have the perfect trellis to grow that on this spring. It is an annual vine ......right?

I may take you up on your offer to just mail me a daylily of your choice in the spring. I'm fairly housebound with my mom right now since she just got out of the nursing home. She fell and broke her femur and had to spend a couple months in Tendercare in Tawas. I hate leaving her for very long. I'm not sure how far away Brown City is from Au Gres. If it's not too far I'd like to come and meet you. I want the daylily that is your very favorite. Ha! That ought to narrow it down some since I know there are hundreds or thousands of varieties.

I would like directions on growing the daylilies from seed if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,
Brenda

Dori should I just d-mail my secret pal to see if she got it???I'm still worrying.....this is the only one I don't have a tracking #on....which was a mistake at the PO...My fault tho I should have checked...the lines were long and I had tons of stuff to mail....

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Brenda,

I'll get my Daylily Seed Growing "notes" out to you this week. They definately aren't the definitive directions, but they should help you get them going.

We can work on that Daylily selection after the Holidays. It will be fun to work with you to pick out a couple special ones.

Do you know where Marlette is? They call themeselves the "heart of the thumb" ..... we are just a bit south of that. We don't actually live in Brown City, we are out in the country south of Brown City. I'll have to look up AuGres later and see how many miles it is. Off to run errands.

Kathy

Hmmm...still wondering if my secret pal got hers....should be there already!!!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

im sure she has gotten it but hasnt posted-i can ge a hold of her-she works jobs!
I will yak in her ear today if i can!

Pleeeezzee...do I worry lots...can you tell???

I found my receipt I do have a confirmation.#......... it was delivered at 1:40 to Flint MI.!!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Glad you found your receipt, so now you don't have to worry anymore :o)

Connie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Yesterday daymein went to the garage to get a cold pop and he found a box to me!!!
I opened my gift from KIM and found a beautiful windchime(sounds great)some poinsettia lotion,
a mix of teas, some candies and a pesto and pastabilities mix in a snowman tin! I luv them all
Thanks so much Kim-everytime i here the chimes i will be thinking of you the foster mom to my bucket LOL
I will post pics soon-im on my way to shop(hate it) I thought i was suppose to love to shop-why dont i? I hate it!

Thanks Kim and everyone that joined us in this trade. I will be checking to make sure everyone has recieved a gift

Merry Merry Christmaz everyone!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I got my gifts today, Thank YOU Jacklynn
for the Angel, Pillow, Christmas Note Pad and
the Gingerbread Candle, smells really good :o)

I hope you get to feeling better for Christmas,
I hope and pray we have snow for christmas too :o)

Merry Christmas everybody,

Connie

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

shoot forgot to include the picture, Can ya'll tell I am tired rofl

Thumbnail by pepsidrinker
Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

((((((( Deann ))))) Hi all she was my secret santa..and I got mine today.wowowow....I got. A really nice garden Photo frame, Apple scented..incense cones, package of note cards...from (Diana) hehe..cute Christmas box filled with 6 balls with angels on them. Christmas tin of home made cookies.. Christmas kitchen towel, box of mints. Christmas candle light...wowowowowowowow..so much..Thanks you so much, Deann..I love it all......and it only took one day.....

Smiles and hugs...happy day...
Diana

Thumbnail by WantabeGardener
Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Diana

Wow, that was fast....I just mailed that yesterday about 3:30 pm. Glad you like it all. Happy Holidays....

Deann

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes I got mine---Demstratt----- and THANK YOU so much for the BEAUTIFUL candles and holders!! I LOVE them very much! I happened to find the box on my front porch(I never use that door) on Sunday so I don't know when they were delivered!

I am working 2 jobs and haven't had time to be online lately---but again Thank You so much!!!!!!!

Arliene

Your very welcome.............but at the bottom of the box was a bowl,with frosted candle and rosehips...I thought that looked good with your Santa candle sets...Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Arilene............got my gifts,a AV self watering pot and a cute little blue heart suncatcher twister...The card was beautiful also...so nice of you to take the time to write such a nice note!!:o))

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Well it seems..like mine santa gift is not going to arrive.. I will send another after the christmas..but I thing I will deliver it myself. I go right by there..So...It can not be what I sent..I could not replace that..now..so..oh well new is good..right...hehehe....So Tofewanimals..sorry...but I will get it to you. waving..smiles
Diana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.