Kiwi Wekpaltlez - Rose

Waitakere City, New Zealand

Have just sent this picture of my rose thru to share with Oz Boy, and I love it so much that I thought that I would share it with all. It is named after our national bird - the Kiwi of course, it is a Hybrid Tea variety.

Thumbnail by wilflower
nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Lovely rose photo. Does it have a scent?

thanks for that and yes it does, I have sent another photo this one is called Friesia, it is the most vivid yellow, you can't stop looking at it when you look out the window and it also has a
scent, obviously I am nuts about roses.

Thumbnail by wilflower
Burlingame, CA(Zone 9a)

Those are beautiful roses wilflower. I searched on HelpMeFind for Kiwi Wekpaltez and it came up as Hot Cocoa. Here's the link.
http://www.helpmefind.com/rose/pl.php?n=44170

Does your Kiwi look anything like it? I know Hot Cocoa is very popular over here in the States.

Hi wgnkiwi,
checked out your link and I am not sure I am sending a picture of my rose in bud form then it turns into the first picture that I sent, does the Hot Cocoa go into full bloom like the Kiwi one??? If you go to www.rosesnz.co.nz and look under Hybrid Tea Bush & Standard, they have a picture of it and description.

Thumbnail by wilflower
nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Wilflower, Freesia is indeed a beautiful rose. I wanted a climbing yellow rose and could not find a vivid yellow one and have now planted a David Austin rose called Graham Thomas. It is a soft yellow and very pretty. Did not see any Friesias in the plant places I searched must do a search on our rose on line nurseries and get one ordered for next winter.

Hi ferrymead

If you go to the link that I gave wgnkiwi (in above messages) you will find friesia listed and I think that you can order them from this place, I do not think it is a climbing rose just a bush that I am going to try to make into a standard after it has finished flowering, at the link you can find all sorts of climbers etc, I have sent another picture of the friesia in bud.

Thumbnail by wilflower

also another link to view lots of beautiful roses is www.heirloomroses.com, although they do not seem to have freisia - also I have just planted another rose called Big Daddy, it is in bud now but I can not find it listed anywhere, I have sent a picture of it in bud, but once again the colour is so vivid that I do not think it came out so good, cant wait to for it to fully bloom as it is magnificent.
does any one know of Big Daddy????

Thumbnail by wilflower

I think that I made a mistake with the link to heirloom roses, try www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/browse

It is not my day -- have tried that link and still does not bring up the programme, all I can suggest is to go to google or who ever you use and type in heirloom roses, that should take you there.
Sorry for all the mucking around.....

Big Daddy finally bloomed and I believe it is one of McCredy's range a, take a look at the picture in reality it has the biggest head that I have seen .. Oh and everyone have a wonderful xmas

Thumbnail by wilflower
Glen Innes NSW, Australia

Just yesterday I bought 'friesia' from Bartons Rose Nursery Kalbar nr. Toowoomba ph(07)54638029
it was recommended by a friend as the best perfumed yellow rose
also bought 'Helmut Schmidt' which looks very similar to it in colour/form and for a complete contrast 'hot chocolate' a vivid orange which matures in autumn to brown (i'm told- can't wait)

Hi Saltbush,

I am sure that you will enjoy your friesia, the colour is magnificant, so brilliant.
Enjoy enjoy enjoy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.