The Purina Diet

Huntsville, AL(Zone 7b)

I was in the checkout line at Wal-Mart, and (since I have 3 dogs) one of my items was the biggest bag of Purina dog food they had

A woman behind me asked if I had a dog. On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting The Purina Diet again, although I probably shouldn't because I'd ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of me and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet. It says on the package that the food is nutritionally complete so even though I had had a problem before that I had lost so much weight that I was going to try it again. . The way that it works is to fill your pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a guy who was behind her.

Horrified, she asked if I'd ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned by the dog food. I told her no; it was because I'd been chasing a car down the street when another one hit me.

I thought one guy was going to have a heart attack as he staggered out the door laughing.

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!