Guess what's big in a small town....

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

I went to the shortest parade of all time - the line of cars waiting to get through on the road behind the parade was actually longer than the parade itself. This wasn't my town, this is an even smaller neighboring town that has an annual Christmas parade. Their participants were typically clubs, one church and some that I didn't quite catch the names of, some I just figured out what they were anyway - like the classic cars, the kids-in-ATVs, etc. The Women's club was interesting - a bunch of gals in "old fashioned" dresses and bonnets (hmmmm ...) the teenage girl float and the teenage boy float, well, they were lively!

Anyway, the one I perked up for might not have been a club (then again, it might've been) but there were a number of wagons being pulled by mule teams. Mules are big here, gaited mules are huge. I've never ridden a mule. I had a farrier who swore they were superior to horses. Whatever. But I really love to look at these guys - they're all so sturdy and have *such* sweet eyes. And here they were, all dressed up in their parade bling. It was too cool.

Admittedly, the pics I took today are some of the worst of my life, but I'll give you the "best of the bling -bling mules".

Cinnamon Mule

Thumbnail by Pagancat
This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!