Anyone know about vitamins?

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Good morning All,

I have recently started on a program through my doctor and am hoping you all could help me out. Lord knows I need it!!! HAHAHA!! So far it has only been 3 days on the program and I am hanging in there but there are times I feel so hungry I could eat just about anything! My doctor will not give diet pills, not that I feel like I HAVE to have them but instead has given me a multi vitamin and two other pills to take daily. One is for appetite control and the other is some kind of detox pill. I was told all were healthy alternatives to diet pills even though I read on the side of the appetite pill that it contains as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. I guess that is how it works. My program is based around my work schedule pretty much. It has me eating every 2-3 hours, smaller portions of course. Taking vitamins and detox pill 3 times a day, and appetite pill 2 times a day. 64 oz of water. 2 of my meals are meal replacements, either shake or bar. The rest are light snacks and healthy dinner. The theory is that if I eat smaller portions every few hours my metabolism will not crash. Does this work for anyone else?

My real question is about these vitamins. I have never been a huge vitamin taker. I find the whole subject VERY confusing. I don't like to take just any old pills so I have been trying to scour the internet for vitamin info.....how much you need of what vitamin, when to take and so forth. I thought taking them 3 times a day seemed excessive but I really don't know. Now after looking around a bit, it seems like there is a lot of info out there but to me none of it makes any sense. One site will say you need this much vitamin C another will say that much. One will say this much calcium, another will say that much. So, does anyone know about vitamins?

Here are the ones the doctor has me taking:
Alpha Base-Ortho Molecular Products
Cell Activator-Herbalife
Total Control-Herbalife

How do you know if you've got a good vitamin? How do you know how much you need of what? Should I be taking anything else?

Thanks for listening everyone. Wish me luck!!

-Tia

This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!