Fleece vest pattern

(Zone 7b)

I've been trying to find a pattern for a zip-front, slash-side pocket, fleece vest with a collar, for ages now, and can't find one!
This seems nutty to me, since these are ubiquitous in the stores, you'd think they'd have a nice pattern for them, wouldn't you??? Everyone I know owns at least one, and usually more than one - I've got 3 so far, and love them, and came across a great deal on some nice 1/4" thick fleece at Wallyworld, a remnant, just enough to make myself a vest, but can't find a blessed pattern.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted - looks like I may have to draft my own, but I'm not crazy about pattern drafting, although I can do it.

Thanks,
Cheryl

PS - what is with the PONCHO thing in the fall/winter pattern books??? I didn't like that style the first time around, many moons ago when I was just a teenager...and here it is again. Sigh.

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!