hacienda creeper

Tucson, AZ

Has anyone grown these? Does anyone know where I might find them?

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

San Marcos growers lists it:
http://www.smgrowers.com/products/plants/plantdisplay.asp?plant_id=3007

You might contact them, to see if they sell to a retailer near you...
-T

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have this in my yard. I love it!! I got mine at Baker's here in Phoenix wineaux

Tucson, AZ

seedpicker, thank you for the web site. I would think these would do well there.

Marie, do these stay green year round? I just read about it in Sunset mag. along with another one called roger's red grape. They both sound beautiful and perfect for this weather environment and to cover up these ugly 6' cement block walls. Thanks for your help.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have Rodger's red grape too. Neither of mine stay green all winter. I live in the outskirts of town so while the middle city might be 32 degrees I am more like 26!!! My hacienda creeper had most of the leaves freeze last week when we had the low temps but there is some of it that is green as ever??? This turns the most beautiful shades of red in the fall as does the rodger's red grape. (I am from Pa and miss the Fall colors although I have lived most of my life here in the desert!!)

Tucson, AZ

okay...you talked me in to it, LOL

the fall color is exactly what I dream about. Especially this time of year, So I will see what can see down here and mabe take a trip up to the Phoenix and see your nurseries. lol; but I do plan to get them planted as soon as possibe.

suz

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Suz if you do not get up here by feb let me know and I wll bring them down for you when I make my trip down for your nurseries. You should check with Mesquite Valley and see if they have them in.

Tucson, AZ

oh, that is so very sweet of you. I'll keep you posted...thank you.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sweet?? Me? I will use what ever excuse I can to get down to Tucson to go plant shopping!!! I love your nurseries!! (just kidding I would bring them to you no matter what) :o)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.