Christmas exchange -gift ideas

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

This is to let people know things you collect or hobbies you have
to help pick out a special gift for the person you get in the exchange

It can be something garden related or not......ty

I love window crystals and suncatchers, windchimes and any garden signs!
I collect-nascar dale earnhart jr and sr and also Lord of the Rings
I would be happy with anything I get :)

Merry Christmas,
dori

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

MOVED THIS OVER TO THIS THREAD!!!

Hi ya all :o)

I was talking with Dori earlier, and had an idea, since she knows you all and I really don't, and I know you all don't know me, I thought it would help each of us if we listed a few things we like or collect... She asked me to start it off... So here goes :o)

I collect Nora Roberts books, right now I am looking for the following 2:
Morrigan's Cross Book 1 in the Circle Trilogy
Valley of Silence Book 3 in the Circle Trilogy
I have number 1 in hard back...

I like Angels, and anything for my garden (I haven't got alot of things to sit around in it)
I am looking for the small state flags (the 2"x3" size) of Montana, Michichigan, Indiana, Ohio, Idaho, Iowa, Wyoming, Minnisota, and Illinois. These are going to be used in my garden for the seeds I got while on my trip out west to visit my son who lives in Washington (I have this flag) this past August... These are all the States we traveled thru :o).

And that really completes my list...

Connie/cegoins

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

hahaha....that is what I get for not reading..dah...moved this..over here....

Gosh that is a good idea...but as for me..I like everything..hehe...my hobbies..are...Gardening..Like Connie..things to put out in the garden...I do scrapbooking..but only the greeting cards..part. I also like to read. I love to cook. I..collect lighthouses...I also have 8 birds..so I collect small tiny ones.in and out kind..hehehe...I like easy listening music..
Anything..really..hehehehe....smiles..Diana

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I really have to much of everything..........so whatever my friend wants to send,is fine with me..!!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

You know, I'm not buying myself any new Christmas ornaments this year so ........
My hubby and kids love the shiny glass ones.
I collect Santa Head ornaments ... any style. (When decorating the tree I always say, "Bring me the Head of Santa!" Freaks the kids out!

Any little Christmas decoration, bought or handmade is always treasured!

Also, any food for the wild birds would be great.

Hope that helps my Secret Santa.
Sharon

This message was edited Dec 3, 2006 10:10 AM

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, let's see ...................

Gardening is my main hobby these days, so anything garden related, decorative or practical and useful. You can never have enough good garden gloves.

Anything will really be great, I love surprises, so if you have some talent or special skill that you want to share with me, it will be treasured.

Kathy

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wantabe, you and me have similar collections. I collect lighthouses & birds too. I love scented candles or any kind of bath products that smell good. Also I never seem to have enough Christmas holiday hand towels for the bathroom or kitchen, that would be nice. Also, I had to edit this to add that I love to cook Italian food, so any Italian cookbooks would also be appreciated. Thanks.

Cindy

This message was edited Dec 2, 2006 8:45 AM

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I'm late as always can I still get in on this? I have so much stuff I could send everyone something LOL. Thanks Diane for letting me know. Taking all the grandkids and daughters to the Grovner house and poor house today. They even have reindeer and Santa this should be fun.
Kim

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

Let's see............well I like ANYTHING!! LOL Homemade cookies, candy, flowers, music, ...........................I do collect M&M stuff. Love earrings and bracelets.......................candles............surprise me!! LOL

Arliene

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

hehehe Kim I knew you would come and join..great...and thanks for the rest of you...coming in..hahaha..so fun..let any Mi...in that I did not send dmails..too..hehehe...happy day...it will be fun..and for those that do not do Chirstmas...we could have a little..swap...So you are still welcome to join us..hehehe.....waving....jumping for joy...Tomorrow is the last day...come one, come all.....Happy day...Smiles.

Diana

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well DH wanted me to go into town with him today, so while I was out, I picked up a gift...
I just couldn't help myself *grinning* & lol - Really...

So I is ready :o)

Connie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

bluektodd--Kim I have you added to the list!

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

THanks Dori
ok I like just about everything and really don't need a thing but... I collect bird items especially cardinals, and chicadees. Anything rustic or lodge themed. Candles usually mulberry, hazelnut or apple pie spice. I also collect snowmen for Christmas and love homemade items. Of course plants, seeds or anything garden related is good too. I guess i'm pretty easy LOL. This is great I love surprises what a great Idea Dori Thanks!
Kim

Got me secret pal..........going shopping and probably will buy us both a present...good excuse....

Now can someone tell me how to plant 250 bulbs in this snow????????

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

first get alot of straw and paper but a bunch of kindling wood on that then some logs
grab a margarita and light the paper and watch it burn(sipping your drink) and that should thaw out the
ground! ;) have fun

Hey thanks Dori that will work..........I just gotta be careful not to drop my drinkssssssss..!!!;o))

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

I could go for the Margarita Yum.... When do we get our exchange list name?
Kim

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

kim i dmailed it to you today---ooops am i bad

will send your right out

This message was edited Dec 5, 2006 9:57 AM

Got my secret pal her gifts..........but I got me a few too...

My sweet son planted my bulbs.........so now I'll just concentrate on my*Margaritas*;o))

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

I really think we should have a Margarita Christmas party LOL I even have the recipe for the Perfect Margarita like Applebees has and boy is it good. Now you mix that with the spinach artichoke dip and Tostito's and it just doesn't get any better. : )
Kim

LOL ...I'll be right there............love all the above..I used to go to auctions in Hillsdale.........I wonder do they still have them???

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

The auctions are still going every Saturday although I have to admit I haven't been there since Aug. we also have another aucion and flea market through the summer thats just outside of Hillsdale.
Kim

I used to do flea markets and antique shows...Then handled estate sales for years..is was fun but lots of work...Might have to check that one out............flea markets are'nt like they used to be..........too much junk...I like the ones that have better stuff....like Saline..

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

Uh oh they have good ones in Salin? I'll have to mapquest it I do like flea markets... almost as much as gardens but.... if there were gardens near the flea markets that would definitely be a mission.
Kim

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I got my package mailed out today.

cg

When we supposed to mail our gifts out?????

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

In the original post, Dori stated: No later than December 15th

Thanks.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

My package went out today too.

Mine went out this morning..

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Mine...went out today..too...are we to tell who we are? hahaha...I do not think mine will be able to tell..hehehehe...So fun I had a blast...doing it...

Smiles..Diana

Diana I sent yours too!!!Not the rock yet.............but

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

hahah too funny...smiles..I know..it will be the best...ever..hehee...so fun...wowow this is a great fun time..for sure..hehehe...smiles..Diana ps. we are coming into town..there..on xmas eve..hehehe..we will have to check things out..hehehe....

Go down Riverdrive...b/t Emmons & Goddard..........look on the creek side and there it is....thats if you have time...It will put a smile on your face...........no crying allowed..!!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Hehehehe..wow... you are right..it would bring back...great memories..hahaha...you are really nice...to look around for me..hehehe...Did you ever hear of...the Snake Street...ekkkk...I do not often talk about this..but... maybe the second street west of the creek...was filled with snakes..the whole street..if you walked on Emmons..you could see..the...on the street..ekkkkkkkkkkk...I hate snakes to this day...haha...maybe that was before your time..hehehe...but..it does not look like that now...oh my oh me...hehehe...I will check out the rock though...no snow please....lol...maybe I should bring a table cloth and sandwiches...hehehe and have a reunion...hehehe...smiles..thanks..for the fun....

That all has homes on it now...but I know where you mean...Bring your tablecloth this Spring and we can have a picnic...

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

hehehehe...big grin....smiles..Diana....hahaha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.