Food Network and Cooking Shows

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

Good Morning All,

Just wondering if you watch cooking shows and if so, which ones are your favorites? There seems to be a tremendous increase in "celebrity" chefs on TV, whether they have actual cooking school training or not. I remember when Julia Child had the only cooking show on TV and it was a no-frills, very informative, step-by-step instructional show. Now we have cooking with a lot of show-biz thrown in. Makes for interesting TV, but how much actual education is received? So, here is my list of favorite cooking shows. What are yours?

Barefoot Contessa with Ina Garten- she makes simple "bistro style" dishes. I have a few of her cookbooks and the recipes translate to the table very well.
Entertaining with Michael Chiarello (?sp) - he does a good job describing the recipes and cooking techniques
Everyday Italian with Giada Delaurentis - she is Cordon Blu trained and does a good job with step-by-step instructions, and delicious looking dishes

Anyone else care to weigh in?
Liz :)

This thread has 127 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!