What you don`t want to see in your garden.

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

He or she took a prize hen.

Thumbnail by ginger749
nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

Hope it got indigestion! Poor chook

townsville, Australia

What a great photo, my son found a large python skin in our shed which backs onto our chook pen, a while ago a bantam rooster of ours went missing without a trace, not a feather or a hole in the fence in sight, this may be our answer!

More than likely was, tropical3. Sneaky little so and sos.

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

WoW Ginger, cool pic, but you can keep the snake lol.

annette68
I believe you have a lot of snakes up your way ?.

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Yes. but not in my garden LoL.

Nowra, NSW,, Australia(Zone 9b)

What a great pic! send one my way please - I'm in the middle of a rat plague!!!

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

What kind of snake is that? I'm pretty sure we don't have them here and I'm *really* happy about that.
edited to add that I checked and apparently you do have pythons there, I wasn't aware of that, thought perhaps someone's *pet* had gotten out. I would not like to walk out my door and see that, in fact, I think I'd have to give up gardening all together and take up indoor activities, like knitting or something...anything. All I worry about here is the occasional rattler and they're few and far between. You have my respect and admiration if you can garden with friends like that hanging around.
Sherry

This message was edited Jan 29, 2007 7:06 PM

townsville, Australia

I saw something on australia day you definately don't want to see in your garden! I nearly stood on a brown snake only metres from our back door. It certainly made me the fool as I had spent the few hours previously berating our son for playing in the hay bales down the back (where I assumed the buggers would be) I am scared of snakes to begin with, but sunbaking by my herb garden is just too much! I usually tromp around the gardens near the house barefoot, but now I put my boots on and stomp everywhere! It's a double bonus really, the snakes feel me comming and everyone else leaves me alone, too scared to aproach the crazy woman in steel caps!

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Kell oooooooh yuck. I`d never go in the shed again and neither would my kids. Maybe I`d let dh wander through on a bad day.lol

Hi Hell ,
Only if you Didn't like him that day .

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

You got it. I don`t want you to be jealous but I will meet Dave this Saturday.

Good for you .
Put in a good word for your Ozzie M8's .

Tell him we would like free Subscription because we are so far away .
Also tell him I shoul Get Paid for ALL my Pictures . lol
Hope you have your camera with you . Kell

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

lol I will try to remember that all, Note to self Ozzie`s want something for nothing, like Americans.

Not for nothing .
I put a lot of darn hard work into this Web Site .
You know I have NEVER had one lousy Administrator EVER comment on one of my threads ?
They either don't like my threads or TOTALY IGNORE THEM .
I do notice their words of encouragement to other Punters now and again .

Any way you have a good time on the week-end .

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Hey I never got a comment on anything either but I did get a tongue lashing for one comment I made once and a person or two I know got yelled at here too but never talked to them about anything either. I don`t think they play much but if it fits in I will mention it, hate to be the beachy one.

Trust me Hell ,
You could never be 'The Beachy One '
You are to nice .

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

so sweet. You need to talk to DH. I have an evil twin sometimes.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

These we find in gardens around here. Nice little tree snakes! Still gives a fright though, and the poor frog didn't stand a chance! It never stopped croaking until it was completely gone (about 10 minutes) Facinating!

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Coffs Harbour, Australia

and another angle

Thumbnail by weed_woman
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

no thanks, I`ll pass too

Oh .....poor little frog.......I love my frogs.I didn't know that sort of thing happened in beautiful Coffs Harbour!

Coffs Harbour, Australia

I am sure it happens everywhere, it's just not always witnessed. Thats Mother Nature for you! We've had howling gales all night, and I'm dreading going outside to assess the damage!

Yes this Winter is a real Winter the winds have done a lot of damage here too but as you say nature will have it's way and thank goodness we have had the rain even if it is flood :) Good luck ...be brave....

Hi weed_woman ,
I know what you mean about the wind .
A group of 15 of us climbed Mt. Warning Sunday .
It snowed while we were up there .
I made Hot Coffee and Chocolate for all our group .
When We got home our pool was completely covered by leaves . eeek !!!

Thumbnail by ginger749
Coffs Harbour, Australia

OMG ginge! I didn't know it snowed on Mt Warning!
My yard wasn't too bad actually. I picked up Eucalypt sticks all through the day and piled them for the next campfire. There was leaves in the pool, but 'Creepy' will eat them over the next few days, or Hubby will scoop em out.
I gave the shade house and nursery a good 20 minute water (tank) and there were breaks during the day where it didn't blow at all, so I took a break myself with a cuppa in warm spot.
I've been reading the thread on soursobs. I guess they are something you don't want to see in the garden either! I only have the creeping oxalis and I pull it out now'n'then, but it always comes back. I don't care! I'll smother it one day when I revamp the part of the garden its in. Do you have nut grass up there?

Yes we do , But very little .
Tomorrow I will add the pic with snow up on Warning .

Coffs Harbour, Australia

so wheres this pic then ginger? You haven't got lost in a blizzard have you?

OOOps , I had forgotten .
So here it is .
And NO it's not Dandruff .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Coffs Harbour, Australia

Thanks for the pic Ginger. It sure must have been cold, as it is now! How're you going with frosts up there?

Lost all the Cannas , EE , and Daisies . Pansies made it .
I'll post some Pics later today .
The sad part for me was I lost a lot of my Tropical fish .

I can't believe we are talking Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast!
Gee ginger....poor fish that is awful.....your cannas may come back in the Spring.....keep warm - chrissy

Thanks Chrissy ,
I have never lost a Canna to frost .
So I don't know if they come back .
I've got my fingers crossed .

These were my Prize winning EE .

Thumbnail by ginger749

And this was 20 Potted Red & Yellow Cannas .
The Gingers were fine .

Thumbnail by ginger749
Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

I lost cannas to flooding on my property but to cold, no. I hate that though.

Gee everyone ...2007 seems to be taking a toll on everyone's gardens.....everywhere ....so very sorry.We will rise to the challenge
gardeners always do!.Sometimes we swear no more! (fire) Hailstorm....flood! etc.....no more! but then one day a beautiful little bloom smiles up from the destruction and we are "sucked in " again
So it will all be bigger and better next year!you know it will:)

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

yep. It is all prophetic to me but those may feel different. I still pray for rain for us in the Us that are in drought and for you guys in Australia too.

There is light at the end of last weeks tunnel .
Now 8 days later all my Tropicannas are shooting .

Thumbnail by ginger749

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.