Need advise on why mine didn't bloom this year..

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am getting my beds ready for the Winter, so I am cutting back etc. I have an entire bed on my hill in the back that did NOT bloom...none of them bloomed...several different varieties....normally they bloom all summer..I had growth, I dug up some tubers, they look great...but not one bloom. Any advise on what may be going on....there is an abundance of red sorrel there and I wondered if that would smother them..or something...but then I read that meant I need to LIME the area..will that be good for the Canna, lilies, iris etc that are on that hill...just want them back next year in full bloom...thanks so much!
Janet

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

when i baught tubers from the local Stiens, the tubers that are in a plastic bag with the cardboard, they only grew about 2 1/2 feet w/o blooms. but the next year they were 6+ ft. and bloomed like crazy. also, when did you plant them?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, they were actually transplanted last year to their new spot, bo maybe that is the problem...hoping this coming year they will thrive and BLOOM!! I didn't know they would be funny about being moved and not bloom..didn't even think about that possibility...they had been blooming in that area for years, but I did dig them up and move them around...

Frisco, TX(Zone 7b)

JanetS,

One year I planted my cannas TOO DEEP. This year, the mistake will not occur :)

WJ

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

just feed a lot this year janet regards paul

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Will do, thanks Paul...Merry Christmas!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.