Echeveria 'Raindrops'

Vista, CA

Echeveria 'Raindrops'
Echeveria

Grown in 100% diffused sunlight with 15% filtering for 7+ months, E. 'raindrops' with symetrical bumps.

Thumbnail by thistlesifter
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Bob, I sure would love to know a source for this beauty!!

Vista, CA

Hi Sue,
I don't know anybody selling 'Raindrops'.
bob

Well, shoot, probably another fussy exotic one! Thanks anyways, I'll just save your image to enjoy. ;-)

i have plants of echeveria raindrops for sale

chlorophyl, please be careful and read the acceptable use policy, # 9 in particular.

http://davesgarden.com/aboutus/tos/

Vista, CA

Sue,
I have many to trade, if anybody has something worth the trade.

bob

Sheffield, United Kingdom

Hello
This is my first message on Dave's garden, I was wandering if anyone had any information regarding Echeveria Gemdrops, I have this Echeveria and it looks like it is related to Raindrops, can anyone help??
Jon from Sheffield/England

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

I did a quick search through my resources, and I can't find any reference to Echeveria Gemdrops. Where did you purchase this plant? Sometimes nurseries get the names wrong.

Hi
I bought the plant of a USA Echeveria seller, Gem Drops I was informed has Raindrops as a parent, please see the picture, once again if anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.
Jon

This message was edited Nov 8, 2009 5:59 AM

Thumbnail by hartshead1
Vista, CA

I can't see enough detail from the low quality image here to tell much about the nature of the surface of the plant. Somebody is being pretty creative with the naming though to call this a derivative of 'Raindrops'

Also information on the dimensions of the plant in the image is critical to interpretation of what the origin cultivar(s) is (are). The perspective of this plant isn't like any of the dozens of Raindrop crosses I've seen. This looks more like a derivative of one of the larger carunculates, but it is hard to say without some idea as to the dimensions of the the plant height and leaf length.

Referring back to the image of 'raindrops' notice the leaf shape compared to that of Jon's plant. I've not seen even the most etiolated 'Raindrops' leaf look like that.

Bob

here's an image of a 'Raindrops' cross I made, one we call 'Chocolate Drop'

This message was edited Nov 21, 2009 7:59 PM

Thumbnail by thistlesifter
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Jon, you stated that you purchased the plant from a US vendor. If this vendor has an online website where you can contact them, that would be the next best step to take in trying to get more information on this plant. Ask them for other internet references to this variety and any information they can offer about it.

We would love to help figure this out, but in order to do so, I'm afraid we are going to need some input from the vendor that sold it to you.

Hi Joan, Bob and anyone else who has been watching this board.
The bad news is that I haven’t been able to research any more information about the plant so it may possibly remain a mystery, even though I would like to name the plant something!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have taken some pictures of the plant and as Bob mention last time, I have taken dimensions of the plant, these are as follows: height (excluding the pot) 12”, width – 7.5”, length of a mature leaf is 4.5” and the growth is always in the middle of the leaf, this can be up to 1” in length.
By the way Bob, I was gutted to lose out on the Echeveria peacockii variegate by the odd Dollar!!!!!!

Thumbnail by hartshead1

Hi a few more images

Thumbnail by hartshead1

this one shows the growth on the leafs

Thumbnail by hartshead1

and finally, how a single leaf looks, sorry about the quality of the photo's

Thumbnail by hartshead1

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.