Christmas exchange??

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

UPDATE: Dec 5 EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THEIR NAMES AS OF TODAY-HAVE FUN AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This is open till sunday night DEC.3
I will get names out on DEC. 4
Please mail packages by DEC.15

There is a $10.00 minimum gift(if you want to spend more thats up to you)
I toss in extra things just becuz I need to get rid of some more stuff-ho ho ho

Please keep your name a secret and enclose a note with your gift-I know they will see the return addy on the box!

I will start a thread for things we collect or like, to let others know a little bit about ourselves.

If you think of something i forgot to mention-plez mention it! ;)

This message was edited Dec 1, 2006 1:12 PM

This message was edited Dec 5, 2006 10:00 AM

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

a LIMIT OF 10.00 sound ok??

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Sounds good to me..................count me in>>;o)

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Sounds good to me.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Sounds good to me to Dori :o}

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Count me in....let me know...though...

smiles...Diana

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

What is happening with this..hehehehe.....old mine's want to know..hehehehehe...
Smiles..Diana

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

There are 5 of us and Im going to leave it open till sunday in case a few more peeps show up-COME ON EVERYONE this will be FUN

where are you................

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey where's sarv??? I was sure she'd participate?

Connie

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Dori, can we do any of the 3 gifts you mentioned?

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't do ornaments. I really have no use for them (no place to put them)... But if some one collects them, they do make a fine gift...

Looks like there is only going to be 5 of us...

Dori how long you going to keep this open?

Connie

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey guys.........diana sent me an email to wake me up......i have been so preoccupied, and busy, have not really been around Dave's. So I guess you can include me in on this....What do I do....

Deann

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

I'll jump in on this one.
And I will introduce myself to all of you ... well, Dori knows me some from another site. :o)

I'm Sharon, from south of Detroit. I live in the suburbs, so I just have the 'regular' backyard. Married, kids, cats, part-time job.

Love Daylilies, but am trying to keep my garden diversified. I'm trying to put in some plants that I can use for a cutting garden. Put in a lot of bulbs this year, and have just ordered more from the Glad and Lily co-op.
That's enough ...

Dori, I like any of those exchange ideas.

Hope to get to know all of you a little more.

sharon

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Sharon glad you joined us on this!!! Glad to have you on the forum with us too we need more people yaking over here. I dont know if everyone is hibernating or what....cant be in the gardens-mine is all ice today!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, Diana had to wake me up with her hehehe smiles too ............. Thanks Diana.

I'd love to join in if it's not too late.

Kathy

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

NOT to late-signs up still Sunday nite and then i can draw the names and give you the info on your "secret" trade
If your not in the addy exchange please send me your info

Just put a note in your gift box sayin that you are the Secret Michigander Santa! :)ho ho ho

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

HO ho ho will be waiting..!!

Brown City, MI(Zone 5a)

Are we suppose to keep our identity a secret?

Could you summarize the "details" for this exchange that we should keep in mind.

I'm in the address exchange and looking forward to sharing the christmas spirit.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi ya all :o)

I was talking with Dori earlier, and had an idea, since she knows you all and I really don't, and I know you all don't know me, I thought it would help each of us if we listed a few things we like or collect... She asked me to start it off... So here goes :o)

I collect Nora Roberts books, right now I am looking for the following 2:
Morrigan's Cross Book 1 in the Circle Trilogy
Valley of Silence Book 3 in the Circle Trilogy
I have number 1 in hard back...

I like Angels, and anything for my garden (I haven't got alot of things to sit around in it)
I am looking for the small state flags (the 2"x3" size) of Montana, Michichigan, Indiana, Ohio, Idaho, Iowa, Wyoming, Minnisota, and Illinois. These are going to be used in my garden for the seeds I got while on my trip out west to visit my son who lives in Washington (I have this flag) this past August... These are all the States we traveled thru :o).

And that really completes my list...

Connie

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

Moved...to new thread......waving.......smiles..Diana

This message was edited Dec 1, 2006 3:02 PM

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, I would have moved it, I guess I wasn't fast enough for ya, now I know where my kids and grandkids get it from rofl :0)

Anyway, if we keep it secret, that means no return address label??? Or just keep it secret from here on the thread for time being?

Connie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Count me in. I love everything. Most of all, I love to be surrpised.

Algonac, MI

UUUhhhh....I don't do Christmas! Sorry 'bout that! But thanks for the offer.

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

Hey Connie, I just finished the circle trilogy about 2 wks ago, wish I'd known you wanted the other two books I'd have sent them to you. I already passed them on to someone. You'll enjoy the other two !!!

Now I'm reading a pharmacy murder plot.

~Julie =0)

Flint, MI(Zone 5a)

ok Diane and Dori-I'm here! LOL Count me in for two----
Love yas..........

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hey Julie,
I haven't read this one yet and won't until I get the other 2... I collect the sets...
I am also trying to find these...
MacGregor Series, I don't have :(
The MacGregors: Daniel ~ Ian
The MacGregor Brides
The Winning Hand
The MacGregor Grooms
The Perfect Neighbor
The MacGregors: Laura, Gwen and Julia
not sure about these:
Die MacGregors 2
Die MacGregors 3
Die MacGregors 4

THE STARS OF MITHRA
Hidden Star
Captive Star
Secret Star

Angels Fall

Connie

Sorry Connie, I don't have any of the others you listed by Nora Roberts. I don't normally read romance novels. Use to love the historical romances but I think after I got disillusioned a couple times in the real world romances I figured I'd switch to other things....lol.

I was attracted to the circle trilogy because of the vampires. I like the whole netherworld thing.

~Julie =0)

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I also like the sorcerer/wizard ones too :o)

I like Nora's books because they aren't that deep deep type of romance...
I do read the single copies by her, but I collect the sets...
If you come across anyone with those listed, send them my way :o)
The MacGregors are hard to find... I have been looking for them for a while now..

Connie

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

I really like the dragon and magical books. Have any of you read Eragon? I also am hooked on the dragonlance series. I already did all the Ann Rice vampire series I usually only read some in the winter or on long rides but its hard to put them down once I get started. Oh and yes I'm a Harry Potter fan too. I'm patiently waiting for the last book.
Kim

I've read the Eragon series and the Harry Potter series....loved them !!!!! Eragon is suppose to be coming out later this month (I believe) as a movie. Hope they didn't ruin it....lol I'm a dragon freak...I have several tatted across my back and had them painted on the tank of my motorcycle as well.

Will keep my eyes open for the MacGregor series ;0)

~Julie

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I have all 6 of the Harry Potter in Hard Back, My son bought them for me for my birthday and mothers day gifts... I wish I would have waited to read them and read only after I seen the movies of them... But come 7/07/2007 I won't wait for my son to buy it lol being 1. Mother's day will have already past and my birthday is in October lol, I am not waiting that long... I just wish the movies would come out sooner than they are, My dgd told me today that number 5 is coming out soon, but I will wait to buy it when it comes out in the stores. I collect those also. And I don't think Dumbledore is dead :o)

Connie

I really get on a nit-picky thing when I go and they have changed the movie from the book....drives me nuts. And when they leave stuff out that I thought was important. There was a lot between Dobby and Winky that was left out of the last movie...drove me nuts. Winky had key parts in the book but was left out in the movie. Of course Dobby is one of my favorite characters so I look forward to his parts in the movie. I named my TAG after him as well. =0)

I was stunned when Dumbledore died, complete and utter disbelief !!! I'm hoping it was all part of the grand scheme between Dumbledore and Snape. But you never know because Snape is a superb occlumens and could have hidden his loyalty from either Dumbledore or from Voldemort. It could go either way which is what leaves me on edge....lol

~Julie =0)

Hillsdale, MI(Zone 5b)

I've never trusted Snape but my feelings have always been mixed on who's side he is on. I couldn't believe they killed Dumbledore either I was totally devastated to say the least. Poor Harry the older he gets the rougher it gets for him. I don't think Dumbledore is dead either I bet it was a spell or a double of him. I don't know how she's going to tie up all the loose ends in one book or its going to be a huge book. I even went back and reread parts to see if I could come up with the initials they put as a hint in the last book but I drew a blank darn....
I am going to see Eragon the movie though on Dec. the 15th its my Christmas present from my oldest daughter and of course you have to have that huge bucket of popcorn to get you through the movie LOL so I passed on her dinner offer I just can't seem to do both.

I do know I will probably be one of those people that preorder the book its on my GOT TO HAVE it list.
Kim

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

I haven't heard of that one, will have to check into it.

Thanks, Oh lordy here I go again, lol Connie

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

UPDATE IN FIRST THREAD!!!

fun fun fun

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Well I bought the book Eragon today, but they didn't have part 2 the Eldest... So now I have to find that one... lol

Merry Christmas

Connie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.