My A. obesum has buds!

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

My A. obesum has buds on it. It's my first one and I was afraid my house would be too cold for it so I brought it to work where it sits in a big south-facing window over a heat vent. It needs to be watered a couple of times a week because it's being kept warm. I'll take pics and post when the blooms open.

Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

YAY for you..!
BB, is this the one that was losing leaves last time? Can't wait to see the picture when they're all opened up!
Not to be a downer, but one of my adenium was budding a month ago or so, and ALL the buds just dropped without opening, I don't know what's causing it since there was no bug or anything. This happened to my Jatropha Berlandieri too, it was budded up and the bud turned black, all dried up without opening. Any idea why? Only thing I can think of is they are inside the house and the air was too dry, probably can use some humidity.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hi BK, yep that's the one. I brought it from home to work, where it gets a lot of southern sun and sits on the warm heat vent. It put out new leaves and now buds. I was advised not to mist euphorbias, jatrophas, and the adenium. They like to be warm and they like to be watered when the mix gets dry especially when in bud. Not misted though, no one seem to recommend that, just watering when the mix gets dry. We'll see what happens. One site I went to said that Adeniums really like the heat a lot. The more heat, the more water they should get.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Buds opened, will post pictures as soon as they are back from processing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.