Christmas Dish gardens

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I organize the workshops for our Horticultural Society and one of the ones we arranged this year was a Poinsetta Dish Garden at a local garden centre. (they do them all the time as fundraisers for a variety of groups and also sell them in the store). The cost was a minimum of Cdn$20.00 for a container (variety of Xmas types), a 4 inch poinsetta and 5-7 tropicals and a couple of Xmas pics. Then if you wanted a bigger container and bigger plants or different pics the cost would go up. We had a fun afternoon . I made two in a nice little red and white metal container as gifts for my housecleaner and the friend who has come to my house for the past 9-10 years every 6 weeks or so to trim my cats nails - a 2 person job!
Here's one I made.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!