Happy Thanksgiving!

Oakland, CA(Zone 9b)

I went out and picked a small bouquet from our Northern CA garden for the Thanksgiving table:
'Delany Sisters' and 'Margaret Merrill' roses
Tibouchina urvilleana
'Endless Summer' clone hydrangea
purple bearded iris, unknown variety
scented pelargonium leaves, also unknown variety

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by jkom51
Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

Thanks jkom,

I saw your message and the flowers, but zone envy and just plain old green-eyed jealousy prevented me from telling you how pretty they are!

I had to host a last minute Thanksgiving feast for family here due to a temporary health problem at my sister's house where we were supposed to dine, and do you know she didn't even bring me some brown mums from the store for my table? I had some pansies and a lone Nasturtium in the garden, but I was so sure I'd get some pretty flowers I didn't even think about cutting them. Grrrr.

I'm sure your Thanksgiving food looked as good as your flowers,
Suzy
P.S. Does everybody know the name of every flower they grow? LOL! How do you all keep track?

somewhere, PA

Those are gorgeous!!! (Yes - I am also suffering serious zone envy at this moment. LOL).
My SIL brought me a poinsettia spray painted with a sparklies.

Tam

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Just beautiful! The blue/purple of the Tibouchina urvilleana really sets it off too! What a great table decoration! OH are those Iris almost the same color...thos are amazing! I almost missed the Iris...can't imagine being able to grow them this time of year...zone envy here for sure!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

zone envy here, too. but I'm glad you could share with those of us who are less fortunate LOL. we actually are having a gorgeous week weather-wise (50s and sunny, highly unusual for western NY in late November), but that doesn't bring dead/sleeping plants back to life.

beautiful centerpiece, jkom. my dear friend brought these to dinner for Thanksgiving

Thumbnail by grampapa
Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

beautiful, both of you !!!

our weather was nice,too. We could go outdoors in short sleeves and be comfortable. Now that is wonderful for us! We got to make our family photos outdoors this year.

Crossville, TN

Kmom....I love the boquet....my mother loved anything purple or lilac....

Grampapa...yours is very pretty too. Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.