This house. Jeez. Non horse vent.

On the banks of the , VA(Zone 7a)

The front part of the house is 250 years old. The ONLY thermostat on that side if the house is turned OFF and it is a toasty 80 ish in there. I have to keep Sophie's window propped up.

The back half of the house is a post and beam and glass addition built in 2002..the ceiling in the kitchen is 12', the atrium is 14', the family room is easily 20 feet.

There are no less than 4 thermostats in the new half of the house. Two of them are in one room, the kitchen. It's 60 degrees in my kitchen and I can't feel my fingers, I have to keep them clutched around a mug. I can't figure out what thermostat does what. I'm going to go max all of them out and I don't give a flying doughnut if the electrics bill is $1000.

This message was edited Nov 22, 2006 2:40 PM

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!