Hot spot in the US.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I have the weather channel always on my pc screen.
It has a revoving window that has cartoon of the day,some weather related question and the hot spot,temperature in the US.
Every morning Florida has the highest temp,but time afternoon comes around Californy does,then nightfall florida has it once again,but every once in a while Texas comes in first!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I sure believe you that CA is the hottest place in the country, at least part of the day. The temperatures have been 20 degrees above average. At least it cools down at night, as you have seen.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

One thing Californy has that Florida doesn't Deserts!!!
But Florida has the Humidity which makes it feel hotter!

(Zone 1)

Yep! Our humidity here in the Sunshine State does make it seem hotter! Sometimes the humidity during the summer is unbearable! Fall just arrived here in East Central Fla .... Here's a photo of the Hickory Trees in my front yard last week ....

Lin

Thumbnail by plantladylin
(Zone 1)

Here's the same area this week ..... almost all the leaves have fallen. We don't get nice color very often in our area, but the little cold snap we had last week helped! I really love the leaves, can't bear to rake them or mow them for awhile!

Lin

Thumbnail by plantladylin
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I visited the Daytona,Coco beach and orlando area back in 68,it was very early spring,I stayed at a very small motel,believed it was called dirty pine,or something like that,on the main drag going south out of Orlando,next to burger King,anyway I was so surpised to see bananas on the trees next to my motel room,they were way to grren to eat yet,but was surprised to see so many decidous trees there.
Then we went to Cypress Gardens and everything was so lush there.I here now that place has shut down,so sad,I really enjoyed seeing the beautiful ladies in the re southern gowns!!!

(Zone 1)

Hey Tropicman: Your visit to Florida was back in the "Good Ole' Days" .... back when there were Orange Groves everywhere and Orlando was a quiet little city! My Family moved to Florida in 1967 but my Husband's Family has been here since 1950 before he was a year old. You would be shocked at how the area has grown .... traffic, traffic, traffic! Not like it used to be. Interstate 4 which runs from the East here in Daytona Beach all the way West to Tampa/St. Petersburg is unbelievable, bumper to bumper most of the time. I won't even drive on the Interstate anymore, makes me a nervous wreck! Anyway, Cypress Gardens did close, they have been sold a number of times and re-opened again last year. We haven't been there in probably 10 years, so I don't know what it's like now ..... they are trying to compet with Disney, Sea World, Busch Gardens and all the other Theme Parks in Central Florida .... don't think they will make it. Here's a link, you can check it out. Oh yes, a lot of folks have Banana, Orange, Grapefruit, Tangerine, Lemon, Lime trees in their yards down here. We had Orange & Grapefruit Trees years ago, but they got frozen during a hard freeze back in the early 80's and we never re-planted citrus! Many of the Huge Citrus Groves in Central Florida have gone by the wayside and are now huge subdivisions. Progress, some call it!

Here's the link for Cypress Gardens:

Lin

http://cypressgardens.com/welcome.asp

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the link,I will check it out.
Yep I here Florida has really become a crowed place now,with all the tourisum now,Disney,and Universal studios.
I really enjoyed my 2 weeks ,fun in the sun!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.