garage sale rocking horse

Tampa, FL

Hi all, i thought i would post a hobby horse i picked up last week at a local garage sale..for five dollars! The poor thing was really beat up, it is about from 70's..and the lady told me her kids (now all grown) loved it. Surprisingly the suede harness and the little saddle even the tiny stirrups, were in good shape..it is missing some of the yarn..but it was all chipped up, i decided to repaint completely (which was a pain as i couldn't remove the suede pieces they were so glued on..) and add some embellishments, (the chain for the reins, a couple of acrylic hearts (buttons) and gems...here are 2 pics...i love to give things a second chance at life! Doesn't he look happier..poor little guy had no eyes when i got him! sue

Thumbnail by weedsgalore
This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!