Tomatoes

Waitakere City, New Zealand

Has anyone grown or tried the Heirloom variety called Black Krim???
do you need to do anything special with them in the growing period??
and are they big and tasty??

Thanks

Cowes, Australia

yes i have grown them before,yes they are big and tasty no special treatment needed.
JWB

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I grew Black Krim this year and will definitely be growing it again next year. It produced reasonably well, medium sized round fruits with an orangey complexion and a green flush to half way down. But that is here, in a greenhouse, they may be different elsewhere but I do grow bigger tomatoes. Consistent is how I would describe them.

Tasty yes, acid no. They don't have a certain tang about them either, but there is something that is very pleasing to the palate. If you like to just slice up a tomato, sprinkle it with fresh ground black pepper, a little balsamic vinegar, it is perfect.

Thumbnail by wallaby1
Waitakere City, New Zealand

Thanks for the info, I will look forward to watching them grow and enjoy eating them,
I like to try growing different species, I think it makes growing more interesting.

Horsham, Australia

I grew one two years ago and loved it. Lovely black tomatoes with great flavour. This year I sowed over a hundred seeds from that plant to sell seedlings at the markets. I got two plants out of them that came up with potato leaves so I am growing them out to see what gives. Also have Black from Tula which has some lovely fruit on at the moment.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.