Adenium Cuttings

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have an adenium I need to prune back and would like to try to root the cuttings. Should I let the cuttings dry out before putting them in a potting mix? If so how long should they "cure"?

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Good question. I'll want to do the same to mine come spring.
Don't they drip a kind of latex like euphorbs and plumies? The plumie forum says to cure overnight, stick in rooting hormone powder, then in potting mix. What kind of potting mix are you using?

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

For every link I read it did not stipulate to "cure" the cut like plumeria instructions do. I cut mine, dipped them in rooting hormone, and put them in a cactus mix. I did not have the latex drip, but then my adenium is currently dorment. I did notice after a day or two the cuttings in the moist cactus mix have turned very green. I hope they will start to root soon. I think it is better to prune when they are growing but one expert said it was okay to prune while dormant. I have them in my newly completed greenhouse so I can keep them from low temperatures. Wish me luck.

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

I do wish you luck. Surprised yours went dormant. Maybe cutting them got them active again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.