Neat link for Garden Centers

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Earlier this year I remember some of you looking for garden centers in your area. Received this in the Washington Gardener newsletter and thought I'd pass it along .

Locating Local Garden Centers

"Many area gardeners are only aware of a few garden centers and nurseries in their immediate neighborhood, but there are many more out there for you to explore.

About eight months ago, Mapmuse.com began a project -- the interactive mapping of garden centers and nurseries across the country. They initially researched and populated these maps ourselves, with the idea in mind that the public would subsequently add to, and enhance, the information provided. They mapped each garden center or nursery, and provided space for a written description, photo, and link to a web site.

Since this project was launched, gardening enthusiasts have made 100s of additions and enhancements to our maps. If you know of any garden centers or nurseries in your local community that are new or have closed in the last six months, please make those changes to the maps. Also, please feel free to add any places that are still missing.

The link to the Garden Centers and Nurseries Map is: http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest.php?brandID=GARDEN_CENTERS They also have a searchable map and listing of local public gardens and arborerta to visit that gives a good basic listing for our region."

The site even has the ability to bring up a map showing the actual location - thought it might help everyone next spring :)

Debbie

Edited to add State by State listing: http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/directory.php?brandID=GARDEN_CENTERS

This message was edited Nov 19, 2006 7:01 AM

This message was edited Nov 19, 2006 7:25 AM

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Debbie, I didn't know there was a site. Interesting to go through the state listing, I do know of a few not on there maybe I'll enter.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

It's a decent link, but it is also out of date. I selected a few random local boxes and there are nurseries listed that went out of business years ago on that map.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

jjpm74, I agree, it is a little out of date - there was a garden center here in town that closed over 4 years ago and it's still listed!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.