Fishing without a permit..

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

A fella spent all day fishing in Lake Grapevine was driving home. The ice chest in the back of his truck was full of water and live fish and his gear was sticking up out of the truckbed . A trooper spoted him and his gear, and being a slow night, he decided to pull the guy over.

"Sir?" The trooper asked, "I need to see your fishing permit."
The fella said, "What permit officer? These are my pet fish!"
"Oh really?" said the officer. The fella went on, "Yes officer, every weekend I take my pet fish down to Lake Grapevine and let them loose to swim around a while. They all come back to me when I whistle, I collect them and take them home again."
"I gotta see that for myself", he said, "I will follow you back to the lake and you can show me just how you do that."
"Alright officer, I will show you."
They got in their vehicles and drove back to the bank of the lake, and the guy set the fish back into the water..
The trooper said, "Ok now, whistle and call the fish back to you."

The man replied, "What fish officer? I have no idea what you're talking about!"

This message was edited Nov 18, 2006 6:46 PM

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!