my garden...ever changing

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You may be NOT_martha, but I think even Martha herself would love your garden.

susan

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

NOT_martha is a good thing, in my book! (I'm not a fan). that last pic is the best yet. I love clematis and the colors are wonderful together.

Cedar Hill, TX

Oh my!! Those pictures are wonderful. I needed a distraction and I believe looking at your beautiful garden did it. I especially love the lupines, painted daisies, clematis, iris.............. how can I choose? Thank you for sharing. You've done a wonderful job!
Susan K

Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Dori, What an inspiration, thanks for sharing! Nice to see a flat garden too, I miss gardening on a hill ( I'm a born and raised Pittsburgh girl) now gardening in a very flat yard.

Chris

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful gardens Dori!

early_bloomer

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Dori, did you make the bamboo screen in the last photo? It looks like a great way to add structure and privacy to the garden.

Susan

Midway, TX(Zone 8b)

I loved seeing all the pics of your beautiful gardens Dori!!! So pretty. Loved your Bday pic too. lol

Lin

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

susan that bamboo screen my dh got out of a dumpster and i cemented it in there! :)
thanks everyone I will add June and July soon! (yawn-just woke up)

some goatsbeard

Thumbnail by notmartha
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Great job of dumpster diving! Is that little building the timeout house?

Susan

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

susan that is where my granddaughter and I sit-we have chairs and a table in there. Going to have to add another chair for my grandson he is 1yr now!
Dh and I made that, it faces the memory garden and there are 2kinds of clematis growing on that and a new dawn rose. Its covered in seed pods right now and looks really cool-have to get a picture today! Oh and it has lights all over it for night time sitting

june garden-Lily time
i have lilies and roses mixed on the left side

Thumbnail by notmartha
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Dori,
Very nice gardens! But where are the weeds ?
Do you sell daylilies & iris ?
I'll be waiting for June & July.
Bernie

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

WOW! Dori, your gardens are wonderful. I need to revamp and connect mine, instead of having just beds! I love painted daisies too. Has anyone tried wintersowing them? Do you ever have time to rest in that hammock?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

see this row of plants-my dh got them out of the dumpster yrs ago!
cant think of the name-

Thumbnail by notmartha
Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Beautiful.........you do good work..!!

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Dori, your gardens are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

my grand babies are coming over to play with me, so i cant play on the computer today
be back tomorrow with more of June!

Thumbnail by notmartha
Prophetstown, IL(Zone 5a)

wonderful gardens...just fabulous - those lupines...swoon

Catherine

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Dori, never ever would have guessed from your b'day pic that you are a grandma!!!!

Your gardens truly are wonderful . . . it would be a treat to walk through them. Thanks for all your sharing - I'm sure we are all looking forward to more.

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Dori, got booted off IM grrrrr... wouldn't let me start a conversation with you or chele... Have fun cleaning the up stairs....

Connie

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing your gardens with us.

Judy

This message was edited Nov 15, 2006 2:11 PM

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

ditto what murmur said, dori couldn't POSSIBLY be a grandma. gotta be, what, 26? I was a grandma at 39 and she still looks too young to me LOL

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

ha ha-here are my grandbabies-elizabeth 4yr and alexander 1yr
arent they a chip off the old block!!
i own 5 boys! ;) ages 27--10

Thumbnail by notmartha
Southern, LA(Zone 8b)

NotMartha, WoWWow!!!!! Beautuful. As I look at these pics, my first thought is OMG she has NO WEEDs. I have more weeds in my flower beds than I can pic out. What is your secret? Please share... Please Please.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

honestly there are weeds=I do try to stay on top of that but there are weeds!!!
Its called WORK and alot of it-I have put in 10hr days in the garden and I even killed my first mantis tiller
I worked her to the bone and she still ran but was sounding like rice crispys and milk-snap crackle pop!
I till heavily in the spring around all the plants and then i Hoe where the mantis wont fit! I do use roundup on the sidewalks to keep the weeds and plants out(its so sad to kill flower seedlings)I do roundup any weeds that i can!

Its a labor of luv!

i entered some of my pics in the photo contest here-but i dont expect to win! lol

thanks again everyone and I will be posting August soon!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

We'll be waiting:o))

Southern, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Notmartha, We also enjoy your "labor of luv!". Its nice to see your beautiful garden, when its soooo dead outside now.

Mary

Indianapolis, IN(Zone 5b)

I voted for your pictures!

How far North are you in Michigan? Maybe you'd want to trade labor for flower seedings!

Suzy

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Dori, can you give me an idea of how long you've been working on this garden? I mean, I don't think you started it last spring, right?

Thanks for putting all those pictures up, I really enjoyed it -it's very inspiring.

(Former Michigander)

Sheryl

This message was edited Dec 10, 2006 8:42 AM

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

sheryl that garden is 10yrs old now and still growing LOL

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

notmartha, the dumpster dive plant looks like a Potentilla fruticosa (maybe 'abbotswood white') Love the garden and the tour. Thanks, Patti

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Dori,

Seeing those pictures has made my Christmas Eve day!! They are incredible and my heart is melting.

Have you heard of those studies where they connect shopping addicts to electrode probes and measure their spiking brain activity, heart rate and perspiration levels to gauge their euphoria levels when they are shopping?? Well, I swear I could have been hooked up and gone off the charts just looking at pictures your garden. Seeing this and knowing it is real..unlike the ones in the magazines is sooo inspiring.

Amazing, glorious, very inspirational :)

Merry Christmas :)

Susan

(Zone 10b)

Your garden is breathtaking and inspiring. Everything is perfect. And, it must be a lot of work taking care of a garden of that size and scale.

Bucyrus, OH(Zone 6a)

Your garden is GORGEOUS! And I love how you use the lupines for rhythm. Thank you for the wonderful ideas and combinations!

-Joe

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Love the Iris. My fav next to Lilies.

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Wow, magnificent! Maybe this move will be my last for a few years and I can actually build up a real garden in my novice period. Dori, just beautiful, thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!

~Sunny

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

So after seeing the Iris, I had to go out and buy some more for the new part of my garden. I also have my spring lily orders in. Seeing all the beautiful pictures is dangerous for my pocketbook. I wish my yard was large enough for an arbor...maybe a small one somewhere???

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I've seen some really effective arbor placements near the back of a yard/garden... it gives the sense that the garden just continues beyone that point and really adds depth as well as archetectural interest... I seem to remember one from a TF show that was angled up near a city garden wall, and then there was a mirror on the wall, partly obscured by the arbor so it wasn't obvious that it was just a reflection and not an opening to another garden "room."

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Dori, Loved the pictures, some I've never seen before. Wow to all the lupines and the shot of the rain coming in.
toofew

Shangshui, Henan, China(Zone 7b)

A proud garden, Dori.
I just came up with an idea.
If there were a stonehenge inside,
that would add much mystery to it.
Jianhua

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.