Oops! Somebody pulled the power plug!

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Our first power outage since we moved in. I think it's been out a few times at night, but this is the first time I remember more than a blink while I was awake. Our neighbors told us last year that it can take days to get power back on way out here in the woods. Thank goodness for gas-powered generators and heavy-duty extension cords!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

glad you have a generator - we do, too, and although we haven't had to use it often, it's a comfort to know it's available! Hope your power's not out long. Take care.

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, that was unbelievably short! Luckily we had left the kitchen light on or we wouldn't have known the power was back until tomorrow morning. lol

Ours are usually short as well. Most of the time it wouldn't be worth the effort of pulling the generator out of the garage, but it's such a boy toy for dh that he promptly runs outside to set it up. He is like a kid running extension cords through the little windows in the kitchen greenhouse windows, plugging in everything important (like the TV for him and the computer for me!). The noise drives me nuts, but if I just hole up in the guest room where my computer is, I barely hear it.

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

If we knew it would be on in a few hours we could avoid the whole procedure, but you never know until you're at the other end! lol

We originally got the backups because we had a few hundred gallons of salt-water tanks around the house, before we moved down here, and even though the power in North Bend only went out a few times a year it would have been a VERY expensive disaster to be powerless for more than an hour or so. It's nice to know you can continue on a fairly "normal" routine regardless of the power problems. Oddly enough, our biggest problem would still be water -- our well is shallow, but I think it would be quite a job to get access to the water without that electric pump!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Well usually during thanksgiving we have a Cyclone here in the Puget Sound where the whole area is out of power for up to a week. (1980) It is fun finishing Turkey with no power.

Lebanon, OR

With the wind as it was for a bit, we lost power from 9:00PM to 2:30AM not bad.

D

Yeah, mzweazelle. The electricity gnomes are just giving you a warm up. Be prepared. Be very, very prepared.

"such a boytoy for dh" , Murmur? ROFLOL!! I can just see it!

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

I haven't put my candles away yet, even though the power hasn't been out again. I keep hearing "more wind coming!" on the news and I figure it's got to cause problems sooner or later.

DH got to use his boy toy!

Yep, we lost our power yesterday, too. All day long. But no trees down. Whew!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.