Peek-a-Boo Sulphur

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes Becky, I look at the top right of the home page, Birthdays are listed every day. I dont know if it is a preference ya have to choose or what, but I try to keep up with people I have met on DG. It's always a good excuse to fuss over someone.

I have noticed that cats like the flowers a lot, often the mommy will lay her eggs near the blooms, (maybe while nectaring). BSTs love the blooms on Parsley, GFs love to eat the passionflowers, etc.. Of course the Cassias are delicious to a sulphers, and they sortof blend in with the yellow color and act invisible.

That's why I think I haven't had any Sulpher cats on my Cassia Alata yet, I think the blooms attract them to their host plant to lay eggs in greater numbers. Then you have survivors bc a wasp or bird didnt see all of them when they were small enough to abscound with. This is only an ongoing, backyard observation of mine. We will see when my Cassia blooms next year if I get some cats.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 8b)

Happy Birthday Becky!!!

That was sweet getting you mums...and they are perennial.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Becky, we also have a Happy Birthday forum, though not many people know it. Frostweed is most faithful in posting subscriber's birthdays, February I think will make one-year it has been there.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/birthdays/all/
Hope you enjoyed your day! Oh and you can just click on a member id and if they have revealed their BD it is there too.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yeah I looked and it is a preference I picked, called "todays birthdays" ...

Thumbnail by debnes_dfw_tx
(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks ya'll for the Birthday wishes! And thanks to Sheila and Deb for the Birthday info forum and setup! :-)

Burleson, TX(Zone 8a)

HaPpY BiRtHdAy BeCkY!!! I hope your day was filled with blessings and you felt special! We are so glad to have you here!

Paige

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Sheila....I love that yellow/purple combo myself...since the flying flowers loved the Indigo Spires, I had LOTS of opportunities to get some photos taken.

A late Happy Birthday to ya, Becky.. :)
And a nice photo you sent in...what with your wee yellow cat. Congratulations.. :)
Melanie

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Cat, you should start a thread about 'blending in" or camoflage. It is hard to see the bf in both of your earlier pics. And I am sure others have simular other shots of that sort. I guess the Photo forum would be the place?

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

Thanks for all the Birthday Day wishes everyone! I appreciate it!

Sheila - I'd rather the camoflage photos stay here rather than the photo forum. It helps me to ID the critters since I am still new at all of this!

Gang - I also think we need to start a thread here for "Companion Plants" that would help with the beetle and other plant destroying bug population! Someone with knowledge - please step up to the bat on this! That's something I'm really interested in.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.