rockwool cubes /coco bricks

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Where do you get yours at. I'm lookin g for some of both

thanks

kathy

Lexington, KY

I don't use rockwool but get my coir from a hydroponics store. If you have no local hydro store, you can find them on the www. We have ours shipped from Nashville. We start all seed in the coir - no fungus gnats!

Brooke

Louisville, KY

Rockwool is awesome for cuttings. They don't seem to rot like they do in soil. It is so much cleaner too. Alot of people that come to my store buy the baby 1 1/2" rockwool cubes to start their cuttings in. Then you can either plant that into soil once you see roots poking from the cube or transfer it into a bigger rockwool cube. I have not tried Silica stone yet. but that is one of my next ventures when I get some time to fiddle around. I have so many cuttings of different things that I can't keep up with the repotting and I need another greenhouse!!! I like mixing the coir with soil. I like BX pro-mix the best so far. Ebay has CoirBrick for sale I have seen. Hello Brooke! Fellow Kentuckian!!!!! KY rocks!! even though the weather right now stinks.

Lexington, KY

Three or four years ago I think my husband brought me some rockwool cubes to use for seeds. I ended up with a water problem with whatever he brought me. I know it was me but I was so used to a coir/perlite mix for seeds, I didn't venture back again. I know the watering rate and fertilizing rate for the coir, I became chicken to change.

Indeed KY rocks - usually. This has been one of the worst falls I have ever experienced!

Brooke

Dansville, NY(Zone 6a)

you got the same thread in propagation forum also i replied to ..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.