Greenhouse temperatures

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Most of you know that my DH built me a greenhouse not long ago. Well, he put temperature sensors on the three walls that are not the house wall. I am having trouble keeping my NW wall temperature as warm as my other two walls. I have no problem keeping the other two walls warm, which is good because my african violets are on one of those walls. I have moved all of my C & S to the coldest wall. I am thinking that the C & S can take temperatures a lot colder than my african violets. There is an 8 degree difference from one wall to the next. So if the C & S will be okay at a lower temperature then I can drop the others down and my heating bill will not be so high. What is the coldest that I can allow my C & S to go.

Jesse

Seguin, TX(Zone 8b)

I see no one has answered your question. I keep my cacti and succulents outside in a greenhouse too, I try to keep them around 40F for a low, sometimes they have went a little lower and were still ok. There are some that will want to be a little higher, euphorbias and pachypodiums come to mind. Also keeping them dry when they are cold will help. Hope this helps!

:) Kim

Dallas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks Kim

Jesse

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.