Trailing Oxalis (Oxalis hirta)

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Trailing Oxalis
Oxalis hirta

Thumbnail by begoniacrazii
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I was reading the tag yesterday on this one Lali and it says it blooms in fall. I was sad at that. I had visions of summer PINK pots with it.

Honey, we need pink year round! consider this your late season fashionable pink!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

This is true and it is a stand out PINK!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Beautiful pink! Did you just get them?
:) Donna

We both did, we went on a Berkeley shopping trip and found them at Annie's Annuals

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I bet you bought a whole bunch of stuff...lol. Do you go shopping at Annie's Annuals alot?

I was pretty well behaved, I came home with half a flat of poppies and a tithonia (the huge one, I had one from a trade but lost it)
I got in a bit more trouble at The Dry Garden where I came home with some goodies. Wattakaka vines, Jatropha, begonia, chlorophytum and some succulents too.

Come to think of it Kell was well behaved that day too. LOL. I haven't been to Annie's since last year. Her plants are widely available at most bay area nurseries so I haven't made the trip down there often but there is clearly lots more at her nursery than what is available locally. Note to self...more trips to Annies next year!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Note to Lali: TAKE KELLEY!

LOL

Roger that!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Wish I could come to.
:( Donna

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh Donna, we have so much fun. Sometimes we have up to 5 or so Davers on our trips. Just yesterday I was telling Lali we need to go on a road trip further away to some unknown but grand nursery. I need some excitement in my life. LOL.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I think you have to much excitement already..lol.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am so blessed Donna. I really am. I try to feel this everyday so I remember to value and enjoy what I have even more.

Hiouchi, CA(Zone 8b)

WOW
i need to visit the bay area
i have been slowly collecting different oxalis's :-)
they grow VERY well under the redwoods
i have some pink ones but not this one

Dick

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well shoot Dick. I should have remembered that and grabbed you one. If I do not kill mine I will split it when it grows some.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.