Fall 06' in piedmont NC

Greensboro, NC

the show is over after 2 consec hard freeze nights, but my vision to create New Hamphire foliage in my back yard is starting to come together. a lot of JM's peaked togrther more than usual .

Thumbnail by jhayes5032
Greensboro, NC

omureyama and tamukeyama

Thumbnail by jhayes5032
Lakeland / Memphis, TN(Zone 7a)

Very pretty. Can't wait until my Omureyama gets that big. Mine's so small that you didn't even notice it when it changed it's colors.
Bonnie

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow, you've done a wonderful job. Really beautiful.

Greensboro, NC

here are a couple of more shots just before the freeze-from left to right, acinitifolium, sango kaku, A. shirasawanum palmatifolium, and osakazuki

Thumbnail by jhayes5032
Greensboro, NC

here it is hogyoku, omureyama, twin tamukeyamas, green cascade, and yezo nishiki

Thumbnail by jhayes5032
Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

j,
Wow! What a great fall picture! The fall color can only get better as the trees grow!
Your bridge is beautiful too.

I am planning to do something like that on a much smaller scale.
Here is a picture of the left side of my back garden. You can see the edge of the shed on the right side. I have about the same amount of yard on the other side of the shed. Behind me is school owned land that has been left as a small wood. I've been trying to clear it a little to increase my 'wild' garden area. I've bought some Japanese maple seeds from ebay so I can gradually grow a few back there for better color. I don't want to spend big money for named varieties since it is not my land.
There is a small drainage ditch right at the edge of my property and would love to build a bridge as pretty as yours. :o)
tfa

Thumbnail by toofewanimals
Newport News, VA(Zone 7b)

Lovely fall colors! Love the pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Laura

Walhalla, SC

I was unaware that an 'omure yama' could have that yellow of a fall color, mine (which is only a couple of years after graft) was quite a bright orange to reddish color.

Stanford, CA(Zone 9b)

I love the fall colors that you have in the understory of the taller trees. What a masterful job! Makes me wish that I had more room. ;-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.