Question: marking the envelope to go overseas?

Hollywood, FL(Zone 10b)

When I looked on the USP site, they showed a few methods of sending overseas, but didn't really mention if I had to mark my envelope or not; they just had this list here:
http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10013&MailType=envelope&Pounds=0&Ounces=1

So I guess my question is, is just having the correct addresses and postage enough to get my letter overseas, or must I use some special label on my envelope to declare how I want the letter to get there?

Thanks! ~Gina

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Gina if you take it to a Post Office they will advise you, most go by air mail and have a label on to mark it as such otherwise they can go by sea, which takes much longer.

If it looks to be more than just a letter you will most likely be asked to fill out a customs form to stick on it. Remember to check if what you are sending to a specific country is allowed when sending seeds or a plant.

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi Gina,

Every letter I get from the U.S. has 84cents in stamps and an airmail sticker, lol, btw your seeds are on there way.

Cheers Annette

Hollywood, FL(Zone 10b)

Thanks Wallaby- it fit nicely as just a slightly bulky card.

Hey Annette (I never mentioned, but that's my mother's name- spelling too!) :)
I had a feeling that I'd need some sticker to suggest airmail!! I thought maybe they just send it airmail by default... whoops... lol, well if you don't receive the letter in at least the amount of time it takes by sea, I've still got seeds left; I made sure that I would just in case the first one doesn't go through for some reason or other.
::crossing my fingers::

~Gina

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi Gina,

I have a feeling that is goes by airmail by default, I have received mail with it just hand written on it. I will let you know when they arrive;)

Not too many Annettes floating around.French name meaning grace, and little Anne, just some useless info for you.

Cheers Annette

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.