November's daily weather, seasons are a changing!

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Please drop by here and keep us posted on what's happening in your neighborhood.
Your pictures and reports are enjoyed and welcome.
As your roving weather lady (LOL) I am in
Toledo, Ohio.
42.6 °F / 5.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 51%
Dew Point: 26 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h from the North
Wind Gust: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h
Here's that colorful pond in Pa.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 5a)

Good morning all! Hope you had fun yesterday on Halloween! We don't have that here - kind of miss it - at least for my girls ......

It's warming up a bit, still pretty dark, light breeze, overcast and 40F. Sunrise will be at 9:11 (in half an hour) and sunset will be at 5:12. The days of going to school in the dark are here :-(

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning Every body! It's dark here, as well. It has rained sometime during the night & the temp is at 57*! That's pretty warm in my book.
Wow Sidney, we had 800? That's Great! You're the Best weather lady! :-D
Rannveig, I don't think I would like to go to school in the dark...Before the time changed I was going in the dark & didn't much care for it. Now (last night) I'm coming home in it. Here is another pic of the Native Holly.

Well got to get ready for school...at the moment we are studying plants! Yipee!! We discected a Star Gazer Lily on Monday.

Have a great day All!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning everyone!
We're expecting company this weekend, so Kelli - I'm in your spot now - gotta get the 14 y/o room clean today. So much fun~
Joey - pretty tree/sky pic! Start Gazer lilies are one of my favorites! Even the boys walk past them and say "Mmmmmmm! That holly is huge!
Sidney - that pic is off the charts gorgeous!!
We had 1 little princess for Halloween - I guess next year I'll stop buying candy. At least I have 3 men well over 6' to eat the remaining. I did retain 1/2 a package of almond kisses for moi!!! They'll never find them!

Our high today is 81
Fog
Temp: 66°F
Humidity: 94%
Wind Speed: CALM
Barometer: 30.05 in.
Dewpoint: 64°F
Heat Index: 62°F
Wind Chill: 66°F
Sunrise: 6:40 AM EST
Sunset: 5:38 PM EST
Getting darker earlier everyday! Took this yesterday at work, if you can see the white SUV just behind the trees, that's where I first saw the egret. He moved off to the right after I parked and snpped more pics! I love these trees...

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Nice photos Joey and Sharon! Joey that holly is huge! If you ever get berries we need to talk swap - I'd love to try it ;-)

I really don't get the daylight saving clock changing thing - I hate when the sun sets before 5 pm - it shortens the day too much ...... I hate getting up in the dark too, but still ..... I woudn't want sunset at 4:12 .... yet. I think we're the only ones in Europe that don't change the clocks, so now we have the same time as Britain and only an hour behind W-Europe.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We had over 100 trick-or-treaters here. We're in the closest neighborhood to a BIG aparment complex and right down the road from some others, so we always get a lot of kids. My older bunny, who is 5, got to dress up in her kitty cat outfit and pass out the candy again this year, which she thought was SO fun! Between "customers" we tried to kill all of the mosquitoes that came in when the door was open. Since all of the rain we got last week, we have a huge bumper crop of mosquitoes now. Grrr...

Current conditions: There is a 20% chance of rain today and tonight, and then it is supposed to clear up again.
Mostly Cloudy 62°F (17°C)
Humidity: 73 %
Wind Speed: N 8 MPH
Barometer: 30.06" (1018.3 mb)
Dewpoint: 53°F (12°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
(Zone 3b)

A new month and a wonderful start with photos that really make this just so enjoyable.
It's 7:30am, 23 degrees and with the porch light on, can see fog...that's makes for pretty objects as it freezes all over things. After daylight we'll see what's happened.
Yesterday's photo of the road, shows the opposite direction of Palmer. It ends up at the top of the photo.
kiska
alaska

(Zone 5a)

Marylin what a cute kittie you bunny is .... well you know what I mean :-) Sounds like you had a busy night yesterday!

Kiska - looking forward to the photos!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

We have had at least some sunshine here for 3 out of the last 4 days. It sure does lift the spirits. I don't care how cold it gets--as long as the sun shines every once in a while. I've been trying to get some things done out in the yard now that it's started to dry up a bit. Got the fall bulbs planted on Monday and mulched a bed on Tuesday. Still a lot of cannas to dig though as well as leaves to mulch and put on the compost pile.

Sumac is a weed tree but the foilage sure can be spectatular in the fall.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
(Zone 3b)

It's time for the noonish update: very calm out, the fog is beginning to do it's work on surfaces. I found this spider web a few minutes ago covered with crystals from the fog.
It's 25 degrees, high of 28 expected.
Just saw your leaves, they look hand-painted...very pretty
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 3b)

Another noontime photo of the backyard.
sidney - your fall foliage/lake is so nice to see. thanks
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

EB - astonishing colors!
Kiska - that is so pretty! Would the snow normally be there to stay for the winter by this time, or could you expect warm spells? I keep expecting all this beautiful snow to be rained out and turned to slush ;-) That's what usually happens here after a few days .....

(Zone 3b)

Rann - hopefully, and normally, it is here to stay as the temp remains below 32 day and night..the ground is freezing so all melting, just refreezs and makes for icy conditions..
kiska

(Zone 5a)

Lucky you, I'd much prefer that to the constant slush and melting and refreezing mess we get here :-) Snowcover is much kinder to the plants, like a snug blanket.

(Zone 3b)

Yes, it really does make it a "cleaner" winter if it stays below freezing.
This is our "apple" tree with it's blanket...
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Afternoon Ya'll! (using my southern mountain dialect! or Appalachian twang). It's Balmy 62*! as it is getting dark....
Rannveig, you can have all the holly you want, but I'll need to do some checking up to see what I need to do in preparation ;-)
Early, That's Great contrast!
Kiska, you are really making me want snow......I know that I have to be careful what I wish for :-))
Marylyn, Your "bunny" is a real cutie...I always thought it more fun to treat than to go out to "collect".
Sharon, I've got 6+ footers, too. They'll eat anything & Everything!

Well, gotta play with the poochie & fix supper...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Marylyn - Your little kitty cat is adorable!
EB - those leaves are beautiful
Kiska - I'm in awe of mother nature...she does a wonder job with snow and ice!
We've been cloudy today, no rain, it's kept the heat down. We're at 75 now.
My Powder Puff has more blooms...

Thumbnail by MySharona
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Joey, BITE YOUR TONGUE!!! I don't need snow yet, too new here.

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

OOOooooops! Sorry Darius! I can't hepp it :-D I really like the 1st heavy wet snow that puts a white & pure blanket on things;-) I know most people don't, but it is sooooo BE-YU-TEE-FUL the way it hangs on the trees...I just like all of the seasons. They each have a untiqueness.

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kiska - I'm with Joey - your pics make me want snow as well - just a little bit!

Joey - we posted at the same time! Look at that fern peeking around the trunk of the tree!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Yes, it was peeking at me! :-D

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Sidney, that pond is beautiful. I'll have to try and visit that Pennsylvania place someday:)

I agree rannveig, there is nothing worse then a constant thaw/freeze cycle that turns everything sloppy, muddy and ugly.

kiska, I'm really enjoying your photos of Alaskan winter. Do you get northern lights in your area very often?

Joey, nice fall colors. I dug up a photo of one of the steelhead I caught while fishing the creek here in town. Kind of small as steelhead go but still lots of fun.

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Wow, I'm in Walleye country right now. It would be great to go fishing. Can you eat Steelhead?
Kiska I love the way frost makes a spider web look and Marylyn what a precious kitten!
Well the high in Toledo 47.7 °F / 8.7 °C, low 32.7 °F / 0.4 °C.
Now it's;
39.7 °F / 4 °C
Clear
Humidity: 42%
Dew Point: 20 °F / -7 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 8.3 mph / 13 km/h
At home in Jax;
72.0 °F / 22.2 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Sidney

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Ohhhh! Neat-O! E_B! I'm likin' this Aquaculture thing more & more! We are going next Tuesday to stock fingerling rainbow at an experimental raceway in Boone, Co., W.Va. and I can't wait! How much does that one weigh? It's pretty hefty, but I'm used to rainbow & the native brown. Trout is such good eatin'.

It is pourin' the rain! Just think of how much snow that would be....10 inches of snow for every inch of rain...
(sorry Darius);-)

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Joey now behave yourself and don't go upsetting Ms Darius!!!
I forgot to mention the Sumac leaves. They are so pretty and my love of foliage like that is most likely the basis for my incurrable addiction to Coleus.
So much color without a flower in sight.
I surely miss them right now.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 3b)

It's nearly 7pm, 22 degrees, dark and foggy.
EB - sounds like you caught that Steelhead near your home, lucky you..
.if the night is clear, I always check for Northern lights; such a thrill to see no matter what shape they take.
I like the look of the forest floor with the ferns, very different.
and joey, an interesting field trip lined up; sure seems you love what you're doing...
Once again I find it so unusual to see houseplants outdoors, sugarweed; very nice.
kiska

(Zone 3b)

Raspberries on ice this afternoon-
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 5a)

Kiska - I just LOVE the photo of your snow covered apples! Are those Malus sargentii??? I saw them when we were in Copenhagen and we were very puzzled by what they could be. Ended up picking one and openening them and were stunned to see they were apples. Bought one of my own this fall and sure hope i'll get some pretty "apples" some day :-)

Sharon your powder puff is so pretty. Never knew what they were called but always loved the look of them :-)

EB - that is a nice sized fish!
Joey - love your forest photos - those ferns are so pretty! And thanks :-)

Almost forgot - the weather : It's going to be a very wet day, raining already and later today we'll have strong winds to go with it. YUK! On the bright side it's very warm - almost 50F!! Sunrise was at 9:14, sunset will be at 5:08. That's 7 min. less that yesterday.

Have a nice day all!

Rannveig

Good Morning! It's going to be another warm one for us (high today is 81), but tonight brings a cold front and our high tomorrow will be inthe 60's!! Not cold enough for snow, but cool! I'll get to bring out a long sleeve shirt and jeans! WooHooo!
Kiska - pretty pic of the raspberries!
Sidney love the coleus! I just bought some yesterday and it's so pretty! My garden isn't ready for pics yet, soon tho!
Rann - the Powder Puff is related to the Mimosa tree. The PP doesn't have that sweet scent tho.
Dense Fog Advisory
Temp: 63°F
Humidity: 97% (GAG)!
Wind Speed: CALM
Barometer: 29.99 in.
Dewpoint: 62°F
Heat Index: 63°F
Wind Chill: 63°F
Have a great day!
Sharon

Thumbnail by MySharona
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Morning All ! It's 44*& raining off & on...
Sidney, I'll try to behave, but I will have trouble....no fun. :-) And those Coleous! I like them, too, but they are annuals here. Like MG's there are long gone...
Kiksa the Aqua. is getting more interesting all the time. I have already fixed my schedule for next semester. I will have 2 practicums next semester (of 80 hrs. each) & a microbiology lab, But I will have 3 Aqua. classes. In the spring we will be doing egg fertilization & other cool stuff.
Rannveig, I did some checking on the holly, And ~ all I have to do is collect the berries & let them dry! :-)) I thought that maybe I would have to sent you plants....but seeds would be much easier.

Well, ... things to do...

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Just wanted to say it somemore ~ Happy Birthday ! Darius! Enjoy the day...:-D

Thumbnail by music2keep
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Happy birthday darius!!!!

I'm back from the little hiatus I took...after the vacation, I got so behind that some stuff had to slide...and the weather forum was one. I'm doing a photo shoot in town this weekend...local festival called Autumn Jubilee...lots of activities on our courthouse square...high quality artisans, children's activities and live music. The part of the local government that plans such wants me to have a set-up for portraits while you wait. I get to make money though...it's not a donation thing. It's a service that they wanted to offer to the town and they contacted me. I should be able to buy Christmas with the money I earn on Sat.

Now, to the weather...it's turned off cool...high today is supposed to be in the upper 40's...but it's sunny. I'm really hoping that the 50's predicted for Sat gets a touch warmer...and we get low 60's. Since this is an outdoor event, It would make things much more comfy.

early_bloomer, I love sumac too.....we have 3 kinds here in west KY and even though some folks call it a pest plant....I keep a plant or two in my 'wild bed'....(along with Goldenrod, Bidens and Joe Pye Weed) They are all wonderful natives and I give them a place to live...just not with my daylilies, roses and columbine.

The trees are about as good as they're going to get...some leaves have already fallen, but the oaks and hickories are stunning. Maples are about done for...and the Bradford Pears are breathtaking..(the ONLY time of year I like a Bradford) I'll try and get some pictures posted...my Arkansas pics are on the laptop. I got fall foliage along with cotton fields and rice fields...for those of you who have never seen cotton or rice growing.

Well, I'm back...I'll try and keep up with the weather here in the Upper South......oh, yeah. mosquitoes are stunted...but not gone yet...yuk.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Happy, Happy Birthday Darius!!!!!!!! Ü

14 °F / -10 °C
Sunny with Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 10 °F / -12 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h from the West
Pressure: 30.45 in / 1031 hPa
Windchill: 3 °F / -16 °C
Visibility: 15.0 miles / 24.1 kilometers

(Zone 3b)

Happy birthday wishes from here, too, Darius..
7:30am, 18 foggy degrees with highs in the 20's. Sunrise is getting later and sets earlier, so with the mts to block both as it slides along the horizon, gray is most often the color of the day. A clear blue sky is such a treat and brings with it glittering snow covered with ice crystals-well worth waiting for.
Rann: technically the apple tree is a crab apple, but they get no larger than a cherry and are unedible..however, the blossoms in the spring are spectacular. Sounds like quite a blustery day there; don't think I'd trade this morning...
Have fun with your photo shoot, Melody.
kiska
Holly's first snow last Nov., but looks the same today

Thumbnail by kiska
Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Joey a "steelhead" and a rainbow trout are genetically the same same beast the difference being that the steelhead has spent time in an ocean or deep, large lake. The more abundant food supplies available under these conditions accounts for the difference in size.

82.0°(F), 22% - bright.

I didn't know that, Dyson. Thanks! (Maybe I should have married a fisherman)

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Darius, maybe you could Teach your DH to be a fisherman...:-D
Dyson, steelhead (which are trout), trout, arctic char, & salmons are all classified as Salmonids; something I didn't know until I started taking these Aquaculture classes. It is so interesting! I am loving every second of it.:-D I also learned that the larger the body of water ~ the larger the fish can be. They aren't like people and quit growing after they reach a certain age. I always wonder why gold fish got really large in a pond....

The temp is 50* & very bright!. But the air still has somewhat of a bite!

Joey, if I had one, I would!

(Zone 3b)

It's just after noon; the sun's out and it's very pretty.. Temperature is 25 degrees, no breeze to disturb the frost as it continues to grow ever longer on surfaces. Took this photo of a fence/gate with long frost "fronds" at noon today.
kiska

Thumbnail by kiska

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.