Advice: Picking bathroom tile and paint color

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

My son has gutted my bathroom to put in a handicapped shower for my mom who will be getting out of physical therapy in about a month. I decided as long as he was taking out the tub and putting in this big handicapped shower I might as well redo the whole bathroom.

My home is an old farmhouse built in the late 30's. I would like to pick out wall color and ceramic tile floor color that coordinate and fit in with the age of the home. I am selecting dark wood old fashioned looking vanity and cupboard. I haven't bought them yet but I know I want dark wood. I would also like to pick some kind of old looking light bar or unit. He is going to put a ceiling exhaust fan with heater in.

Can you make some suggestions for tile and wall color? I'm inclined to go with dark grout for easier cleanup. I don't want to be scrubbing white grout with a toothbrush when I'm 80. Ha!

Is there a website that picks paint color for you to match tile color? Anything that is old fashioned looking. This is a small bathroom. I had a pocket sliding door put in to make more room for mom with her walker.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Brenda

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!