Why do we do this?

High Desert, NV(Zone 5a)

Spreading ourselves too thin.

I posted this on another forum and then realized this was probably a more appropriate place for it.

I need some time management advice. Now that we have had several hard freezes i have given up on gardening till May. I seem to have so many projects for the winter going.

I quilt and have two baby quilts i have to finish (both babies have just turned one). My three year old keeps reminding me her sister has a big girl quilt and she doesn't. I purchased the fabric for it a few weeks ago. With Christmas fast approaching i have several gifts i would like to get made. I used to make and sell fairy dolls, now i just make them for gifts, and my youngest daughter wants one. I have a manuscript for a child's book that has been requested by an editor and i'm not happy with it yet. I have another one that an editor has requested a re-write. I have a mountain of laundry, watch too much tv, haven't dug my dahlias, and have no plan for dinner yet. And for some unknown reason have decided to take up knitting (bought knitting for dummies). Oh yeah and am trying my hand at making jointed mohair teddy bears for my girls for Stocking Day (weird family tradition).

Does everyone do this? What do you do to keep up with your projects or reign yourself in?

Last but not least i need to spend some serious time rethinking the garden this winter. I can do that watching tv while i knit right? Perhaps i should take up the piano...

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!