Fall gardening in Phoenix...

Phoenix, AZ

I thought I'd share a few pictures of what's almost harvestable (is that a word?) in my garden so far...lots more on the way!
~Kim

**bok choi**

Thumbnail by GothicGarden
Phoenix, AZ

**buttercrunch lettuce**

Thumbnail by GothicGarden
Benton, KS(Zone 6a)

it's lookin good! what side of phx do you live in? or do you live in a place around it? I lived in the phx valley for around 20 yrs.

Phoenix, AZ

24th St & Indian School....so kinda right there in the middle of Phx, the Biltmore/Camelback Corridor...we're lucky enough to have an older home with a 1/3 acre back yard, especially since the rapid growth in the valley over the past 5 years & all those new development homes have back yards that are like a 10 foot square, lol.

Benton, KS(Zone 6a)

oh yes....I know the area pretty well. I'm glad you were able to get a bit of a yard. As for that rapid growth....well....that's been going on for a while actually....much longer then the last 5 years :-) But if you think there's been rapid growth in the last 5 years...and I know what the growth was before that....YIKES!!! lol Glad I'm outta there!

Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, I've lived here my entire life (born & raised here in Phx)....and the expanse is phenominal...and not in a good way IMHO. When my husband and I got our first apartment...oh, 13 years ago...it was in Chandler, and we were literally in between a dairy farm & a cotton field.....with nothing for miles....now, the I60 is developed on both sides out past Gold Canyon....it is insane! If the majority of our family wasn't also here, we'd be moving somewhere less crowded. For now, I'll be happy with my little 1/3 acre and house, lol...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.