Queen of the Day

sydney, Australia

Hi all, a Sydneyite here - don't hold it against me. Am very into Queen of the Night plants and general patio plants. Has anyone every seen a Queen of the Day the picture is what that plant is. Would love to have some thoughts on it. Its blooms during the day and the leaves are different to the Queen of the Night.
Happy gardening

Thumbnail by jay92
Brisbane, Australia

Hello jay, it looks like an Epiphyllium. I bought something similiar at plant sale recently.

Roy

sydney, Australia

thanks roybe, i am stunned that this is flowering in the day. is yours a night or day bloomer. heres another photo.

Thumbnail by jay92
Merino, Australia

Hello jay92
I have the same cactus but with a more creamy flower . It was given to me early last year by an older lady and flowered last November. The flowers are very large and I also have similar with a more triangular branch form with large bright red flowers. I believe they are epiphylums or orchid cactus. I am trying to find pieces from other colors. I have seen a picture of a large pink one. Mine is not as bright green as yours because the lady neglected it before she died. The way the weather is going I may end up with a garden of just roses, iris, dahlias and cacti. Great to be able to talk to fellow Aussies about our gardens and put pics up too. I am in southwest Vic. Very dry, no rain so maybe I should plant pineapples and bananas.
Happy New Year .

Thumbnail by 77sunset

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.