CLOSED: anyone know me?? spider

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

in my yard now was under my porch. i believe it digs a hole in the ground but havent seen webs anywhere just holes.

Thumbnail by imzadi
Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

now THAT is the kind of spider I stay away from! hope you have a zoom. don't know what kind.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

That is the UGLIEST, spookiest spider I've ever seen. Sure glad it's there and not here. Does he have a portfolio? I'm sure there's a place for him in the movies.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

no portfolio for him. he got moved out to the far yard. i just want to know what he is. i am thinking some kind of wolf spider but not sure. he was big.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Looks like a Wolf Spider to me too...but as you say....he's awful big...

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks like a Carolina Wolf Spider to me - male. They are BIG. I have a photo in BugFiles of one. It was awesome. But this photo is at the same angle as yours, so better for comparison:
http://www.centralpets.com/pages/xFileDisplay.php?an=4323&in=10442

CJ

Ingleside, TX(Zone 9a)

I agree..Wolf Spider..Had a really cool one that had(?laid) her babies..It was neat watching them go from little slimy spots on her back..to scampering around outside their web!!..We watched these babies from the egg sac stage to where they are now..Out terrorizing other folks, who, like me, had never encountered such a creature!!

Thumbnail by turbosbabe96
Oak Hill, FL(Zone 9b)

It's a female Wolf spider, I raise them in my garage, going on ten years now, have some females
almost four inches across.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.