question on pot sizes

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone know what it means when an insecticide says a pot size of 6 with a subscript of o, which I don't know how to do :-) It looks like a degree sign that fell down.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Can you give us some more info on what the product is and maybe quote a little bit more of the directions so we can see what the context is? I can't think of many insecticides that would even mention a pot size, only ones I can think of would be the systemics, but the one I'm familiar with (Bayer Advanced) I don't think mentions containers on its instructions at all, just directions for how to use it on plants that are in the ground

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

It is Hi Yield Disyston, and on the instructions at the bottom it as a special line for potted plants, and that is where it says 1 tsp for a 6 (whatever that "o" is) pot,1 1/2 for an 8.... etc. Since I can't figure out how to do the subscript, maybe I can try to take a readable picture and post. I'll give it a shot when I get home from work.

Thornton, IL

Wow, that's some heavy duty stuff, what're you trying to kill?

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm trying to prevent mites in the greenhouse this winter - lots of brugs. I also have a big mandevilla that I spent all last winter spraying with everything in the world. I ended up having to set off bug bombs out there, which I really hate to do.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

My guess would be that they mean 6" pot, 8" pot, since those are both fairly common pot sizes. But I've never seen anyone use that subscript for inches so it could mean something else. If you want to be sure, the company probably has an 800 number listed on the package somewhere, you could call them and verify.

Washington, MO(Zone 6a)

That's quite a bit of overkill for mites. It's also a pretty dangerous product. Have you used it before? I'm quite curious to know who would recommend it, just to prevent mites in a greenhouse. There are FAR safer systemics than Disulfoton. You may want to spend a bit of time reading the MSDS for it:
http://www.fertilome.com/MSDS/HiYield/Dry_Insecticides/HY%20Di-Syston%20Insecticide%20Granules%20MSDS.pdf

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

I haven't used it before, but have heard about so many problems with brugs and broad mites that almost nothing phases, that I thought I'd try it since I had it. I did know you have to be VERY careful and that's why I wanted to be sure about the pot sizes. I'll check out the link - thanks :-)

(Zone 1)

Heavy Duty Chemicals! If you must use such a potent method for eradicating mites, I would suggest to dilute, dilute, dilute! And, then dilute some more! Strong Stuff!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.