Crazy weekend

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

One of our clients at the barn was diagnosed with leukemia about 2 weeks ago and was immediately admitted to NE GA med center for chemo treatments. Friday night, my best friend was admitted to the same hospital to deliver her past due baby. I called the client's best friend on my way up there Friday night to get Jan (the client's) room # so I could drop off some horsey videos and visit if allowed. The best friend advised she'd just suffered an anurism in her brain and was brain-dead. (OMG!). I arrive and at about the same time Jan passes, my friend gives birth to a beautiful baby girl. She's in NIC suffering from infection (mother was leaking water causing infection), swalled a whole lot of myconium, and the respiratory issues have cleared......she will be OK THANK GOD (my version, your version, the powers of the universe).

Odd thing, life is......

She had 25ish Fadjur bred arabian and half arabian horses that need homes if anyone is interested. Sheila (my friend and Jan's best friend) is placing/selling them and whatever's left goes to the Addis auction (no meat buyers).

This message was edited Oct 29, 2006 9:21 AM

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!