Weight Control/Loss Tips

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I thought I would start a new thread on this since it has been a few months since we did one. Anyone who has any tips that work for them please chime in with them.

I. Use smaller plates, cups, bowls, etc. We tend to feel satified with what we see.

2. Take small bites, chew each one well before taking another bite.

3. 64 oz. of H2O(water)every 24 hours. That is the minimum daily requirement for good health, digestion, mental alertness, energy, reduction & elimination of waste and toxins, lubrication of skin, joints, etc. Break that up into a lot of small drinks. Personally I put 4 pint jars of water out on the counter each morning. I want 2 gone by noon or 2 pm depending on when I put them out, the other 2 gone within another 6 hours. If I drink more, that is good.

4. Get the junk foods out of the house. Not just the cabinets because we can stach them in a lot of places. Get them off the place so we can't get to them without leaving home. That may sound extreme, but for some of us it is how it has to be.

5. Cut down on salt/sodium. It causes fluid retention in many of us. Most of us carry more water weight than we realize. This includes chips of all kinds, many types of crackers, a lot of condiments, etc. Read labels for sodium content. Remember that some foods are just naturally higher in salt than others. Horseradish for example is naturally high in salt. So are some veggies. Do internet research to check out favorite foods.

6. Once you get your mindset well established let yourself have some 'free' or 'treat' meals or days. If you try to give up everything you enjoy forever you will NEVER stick with this. You may even have to allow yourself 'free' or 'treat' times before that mindset really takes over if you are a carb addict.

7. Never say NEVER and don't let failure be an option.

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!