Harbor Freight Greenhouse

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Does any have experience with Harbor Freight’s 10x 12 greenhouse ($600)?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You might try checking GardenWeb--there are a ton of people over there who have the HF greenhouse and there are literally thousands of posts about it, over here I know a few people have them so I'm sure you'll get some opinions, but there are definitely more posts over there about this particular brand. (just make sure you come back to DG afterwards!)

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the lead. There is a lot of information on this GH on this forum. Search for "10x12 HFGH"

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There's more over there! Normally I wouldn't send people anywhere other than Dave's, but this is one particular case where for some reason there are many more people over there who have and/or discuss this particular greenhouse. But if you found the info you need here that's even better!

Shelton, WA(Zone 8a)

I bought one last February, and I'm quite happy with it. We've done a lot of extra work on it beyond just putting it together. I admit we're still having some problems with leaks, but if you plan to have it sitting on gravel it wouldn't be bad.

Thumbnail by MzWeazelle
Fulton, MO

Chris in Iowa on the GW forum had the most interesting idea regarding the HF 10 x 12. His idea was to buy the kit for, what is it, $600-700. Throw the frame and hardware in the trash. Build your own GH using the PC panels from the HFGH. His thought was that the cost of the GH was so low that it was a worthwhile purchase just for the panels!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

LOL..It might be worth it!.. I was very tempted by this one but heard it was a little flimsy. I have the 6x8 and love it so far. They are made by different manufacturers

New Iberia, LA

We bought two of them the first one was a pain to put up and the second one was built very fast...We had a very bad wind and I thought those panels are going to all blow away!!! but none blew away..Here it is we put them together..

Dianne

Thumbnail by Dianne492
Columbia, TN(Zone 7b)

There's a thread over on GW right now about how much the instructions have been improved. I think next year I'm going to get one after all. I have the hoop house but I worry about the film being too fragil to withstand winter. We'll see how that goes. I can always use the stuff from the hoophouse to "improve" the HFGH.

MollyD

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

I am in the process of putting one up. What I have found out so far is that you need to follow the modifications posted on GW at the link below

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/strucs/msg1110041721921.html?5
and
http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/Gardenerwantabe/?sc=1&addtype=local

Also I have found that you need the PDF instruction manual in the GW forum and the instructions that came with my box. In some cases the newer instructions are clearer but do not always pertain to the parts I have.
http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals/93000-93999/93358.pdf

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.