Where to buy decorative pots?

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

I have a whole bunch of smaller indoor plants and am looking for some nice decorative pots to put them in. Does anyone in or around lower CT have any suggestions? Wally World, Home Depot, Lowes and the grocery stores have a dismal selection, Treeland has been a big Christmas shop since mid-August and I don't know of any nurseries that specialize in or even cater to indoor plants. Any help/suggestions would be great.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Have you tried that Wholesale Lots store - I can't think of the exact name - but it has both Wholesale and Lots in it. There is one in Milford on the Post Road - probably some down your way as well.

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

For the future, Clinton Nurseries has an annual sale (they don't sell retail at any other time) the weekend after Mothers Day. They include a bunch of pots in this sale and the prices are lower the more you buy.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

That's good to know. Thanks Dave47.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Christmas Tree shop? do you have one. though they are mostly christmas stuff now. They have good pots in the spring. Tuesday morning had some, and Big lots.
I hope some of these are near you.
Martha

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

John, There is a Christmas tree shop in Orange if not closer to you. We also have Ocean State Job Lots (East Haven, Clinton), I don't know if they are closer to you. Unlike Christmas Tree Shops, OSJL tends to carry pots all year. Oh, have you tried Ikea? One in New Haven, if not closer to you.

I can never believe the prices on pots at plant nurseries. Not for me.

Feasterville Trevose, PA(Zone 6b)

I purchased some nice glazed ceramic pots from Lowes for $1 each marked down from $7.99. I guess they just wanted to get rid of them.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I just cleaned out the large glazed ceramic pots at Tuesday Morning. they were down to 50% off on clearance. I came and visited those pots every couple of weeks for the last four months. They finally got to my price range and so I bought them as a Christmas present for myself. There were three different sizes. The prices weren't bad when they first came out in the spring, but I waited. It was worth it. The biggest one was 6.50 and it is about 10 inches tall and about 10 inches square and is glazed a pretty green. Took me two trips to the car to get them in, but they are mine now. No more ugly pots!
Martha

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I know that most Targets/Walmarts have decorative planting pots, as well as Home Depot and Lowes.

Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

Have you tried Oliver Nurseries in Fairfield? I haven't been there for two years, but I remember seeing some nice pots (although at a higher price than HD would charge). Twombly Nursery in Monroe has one of the largest plant selections in CT although I don't remember much about their pots.

Stratford, CT(Zone 6b)

Twombly is a great nursery, but they specialize in outdoor plants so when they do have pots, they only have the basics. I haven't tried Oliver Nurseries yet, though from what I remember, that place is very expensive. I did find some nice pots in Stop'n Shop's florist store which was unexpected.

Norwalk, CT(Zone 6b)

I got a nice big pot that was very affordable from Ikea in New Haven this spring. I've not been there lately.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.