jasmine

Tucson, AZ

Help. I have a jasmine, can't remember the name, but it might be some kind of Hawaiian. It's planted in a pot on my patio but the leaves at the bottom are green but as they grow up to the ceiling they are pale and very sickly looking. What kind of fertilizer would I use in it. What is it lacking?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It would help to see a picture--if the leaves at the top are yellowish but the veins still look green, then it's suffering from chlorosis and needs iron. Also could be over/underwatering or something else entirely, but without a picture of the sickly leaves it's hard to know for sure. Some info on how much sun/shade it gets, and how often you water it and fertilize it now would also help.

Tucson, AZ

I wanter it once a week but it is at the back of my patio next to the sliding glass door where it doesn't get much light. That might be the problem but I heard it is very cold sensitive. I think it might be a Stephanotis.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I grew a Stephanotis in mostly shade and never had problems, so I don't think that's it. If you don't have a pic you can post, the first thing I would do is look at the leaves and see if they match my description of chlorosis (leaves look mostly yellowish, but around the veins is still green). Chlorosis also affects new leaves and not older ones which is why I thought it was a possibility for you since only some of the leaves were having problems.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.