generalized search in the plant files question

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Don’t know where to post this if there is another place to go please let me know.
I’m having problems with the plant files, I always use the generalized search because I can’t think of the ‘real’ names of the plants or I’m just searching to ID a plant, yesterday I tried to put fern in and it only came up with strawberry ‘fern’. I have put fern in several times and get all kinds of ferns and now I can’t. The same happens when I put vine in it comes up with apple ‘vine’, for a simple minded person like me things were going great in the plant files, now I have to know what I’m looking for to begin with, has this been changed lately, or is it just me? Am I just having one of my ‘moments’ lol I just put in morning glory and it came up with :
Tropical Hibiscus 'Morning Glory'
Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
And
Echinopsis Hybrid 'Morning Glory'
Echinopsis

I just posted this in the Dave's Garden Discussion Forum, don't get around much other than the seed and plant trading forums lol

This message was edited Oct 19, 2006 8:59 PM

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

It's a glitch with the generalized search.

But the good news is, you can use the field-by-field search to look up a plant by its common name.

Here's what you get when you use it to search for Morning Glory (notice that's the only field I added anything to): http://davesgarden.com/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=Morning+Glory&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Yes Terry, after your other responce before you changed the threads too lol I went in and had no problem at all, thanks so much, how do you get around so much, I'm sure glad you do :-)
Lea

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images