Welcome to the new Caudiciform forum!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks to all those who asked for this forum, your efforts paid off! Here's a place to discuss all those plants that fall under the general heading "Caudiciform" - we hope you enjoy it!

Harrisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Terry! I am sure 'we' all will!!! 8.))

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hooray for the caudiciform forum!
Post adenium pictures here! Let's see them, especially the yellow one.
And now someone PLEASE tell me why my A. obesum decided to drop its leaves when it was put in a nice warm spot in a southern window? It's being watered when it is dry and the caudex is nice and firm.
And will someone assure me that my Jatropha podagrica will come back after dropping its 2 leaves? It's in a southern window, in a room a bit cooler than the A. obesum, also getting water when dry, and caudex is nice and firm to the touch.

Fair Lawn, NJ(Zone 6b)

Beverly,
your Jatropha will come back, not to worry. I bring them into the house fully leafed out, they are gorgeous. Within a couple of weeks/months they look like plucked Chickens with fat bellies. I still water them, but perhaps a bit less and keep them in bright light. My older plants keep on flowering and then throwing seeds everywhere. They will grow nice leaves next year again.
Adeniums will do that!! It is a signal to lower the amount of water for a while. It probably thought it was Fall, if it was moved around for a while to different locations.

Happy to have a caudiciform forum!! Thank you!!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Thank you! This will be alot of help.
:) Donna

I brought over some of the adenium and caudiciform threads I found in other forums, to help you get started ;o)

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Hooray for the Caudiciforms forum! Of course I've marked it as one of my favorites!

Marilyn

West Orange, NJ(Zone 6a)

Ursula, thanks for the encouragement. it sure looks funny, fat and bald like that.
The adenium gets water when it is good and dry, it's at work where the heat is real dry and there is no central humidifer going but a big lovely southern window it can sit in.

Milton, FL(Zone 8a)

Thank you Terry.I think this forum will see a lot of use.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

Thank you, Terry!

You're all very welcome!

Glendale, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thank you Terry

Awwww - y'all cut it out now - go enjoy your new forum!!!!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had stopped checking....thought it wasn't gonna happen.
HIP, HIP, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon in Phoenix,

with Adeniums, pachys, beaucarneas, and a few others I can't think of offhand...
and I want MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.